Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installer not recognizing drive (Intel Smart Response Technology)

Beans

Re: Installer not recognizing drive (Intel Smart Response Technology)

Thanks alphageek89, your solution worked for me too!

Beans

Guys, sorry if this is just slightly off topic, but it's the most related thread I found regarding my problem, and you guys seem to know what your talking about.

So, mine is much simpler, I think. I got the same 15r with the 32gbSSD and 1Tb Hd. It came with a pretty mediocre Windows and a lot of extra stuff, so I decided to format and start over.

Got to windows installation on boot, pressed custom (as opposed to upgrade), and it didn't find any HD's or the SSD. It said it had nowhere to install. So I go to BIOS, and swtich from Intel SRT to ATA, great. Install, but now I can't go back to ISRT. Try again with AHCI, great, but then I can't go back to Intel SRT.

Cost a lot more money to to have the 32gb, and theoretically makes things alot faster. I'd like to keep it and not have it as dead weight inside my brand new baby.

Any thoughts?

Appreciate it. Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks,

Vitor

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pequenovitor View Post
    Guys, sorry if this is just slightly off topic, but it's the most related thread I found regarding my problem, and you guys seem to know what your talking about.

So, mine is much simpler, I think. I got the same 15r with the 32gbSSD and 1Tb Hd. It came with a pretty mediocre Windows and a lot of extra stuff, so I decided to format and start over.

Got to windows installation on boot, pressed custom (as opposed to upgrade), and it didn't find any HD's or the SSD. It said it had nowhere to install. So I go to BIOS, and swtich from Intel SRT to ATA, great. Install, but now I can't go back to ISRT. Try again with AHCI, great, but then I can't go back to Intel SRT.

Cost a lot more money to to have the 32gb, and theoretically makes things alot faster. I'd like to keep it and not have it as dead weight inside my brand new baby.

Any thoughts?

Appreciate it. Not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks,

Vitor
    I had no need to change between ISRT and AHCI to install Windows or Ubuntu. I recommend just keeping it on ISRT if you intend to use it. I would guess you may need to wipe the partition that you want to install Windows on. You will have to do that with a live disk of some kind. Not sure if the Windows install disk will do that. Here is a quick post I wrote about a new install in a different forum: http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell...ml#post8686919

Beans

I know this is old, but in response to the Windows installer not recognizing the HDD, that can be solved by pressing the key to load additional drivers when prompted when initializing the Windows installer. We had to do this at work with an Envy sleekbook. I don't remember where the driver came from -- either the manufacturer or Intel. Try looking for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver from the manufacturer.
    Last edited by EricG1793; November 28th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

So this U410, shipped with Raid on?
    And how is the original Win 7 and recovery paritions reside?

Is this 16GB RAM capable?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12