Thread: Spam??

Beans

Spam??

Hi,
    I received the message below, however I haven't even posted recently. I was going to post today, but had forgotten my password, so I had it reset (not sure if that has anything to do with it). While I was writing my new thread I had to leave so I suspended ubuntu and left. When I came back I received the message below. I am not able to post new threads from the garland3 account, so I made a new account to be able to post. I would like to delete this account and go back to my old account after this problem has been resolved. I'm not sure what is going on.
    Thanks,
    A Garland

Dear garland3,

You have received a new private message at Ubuntu Forums from wildmanne39, entitled "You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

Dear garland3,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Spammed Advertisements
    -------
    Please do not spam the forums. For more information, please see the forum policy: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy. If you believe this was made in error, please post in the Resolution Center, which you can find in the previous link.
    -------

This infraction is worth 15 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Spam??

Sorry about that - it would appear that the account was incorrectly banned in one of our recent spam mediation attempts. I have reversed the infraction. You should be able to login/reset your password again.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Spam??

I removed the infraction from the garland3 profile. Let me/us know the results so the agarland can be disabled.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net