Thread: Can't Delete Encrypted Partition

Beans

Can't Delete Encrypted Partition

I am in need of some help I have a 2011 System76 Serval Professional with an 80GB Intel SSD.

I wanted to reinstall Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to clean it out and what not.
    From then on in I booted up with a 2.0USB drive that I use for reinstalls.

I'm freaking out right now cause I wanted to encrypt my home folder yet when I checkmarked the encypt my home folder it somewhat just stalled or hanged for quite a while.

I had to shut it down and I'm guessing that now my partition is entirely corrupted or my entire SSD seeing as I can't delete the encrypted partition nor can I seem to install Ubuntu. Right now I'm using the USB Live Ubuntu.

By the way I still have about six months left on my warranty for my System76 machine is there anyway the SSD can be replace or do I have to go another route by somehow using another partition to install Ubuntu on?

Beans

Re: Can't Delete Encrypted Partition

Bump nobody? I somehow got the drive to format and tried reinstalling Ubuntu onto the SSD but seems like the SSD is pretty much dead.

I installed Ubuntu using the usb drive and it said it installed successfully but it went straight to a black screen with a cusor on the top left.

For some odd reason Ubuntu is installed on the USB drive yet showing the SSD has about 63GB of space on top of an 80GB SSD what to I do buy a new SSD or can the guys at System76 replace the SSD given the warranty is still intact??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MckayKnight View Post
    Bump nobody? I somehow got the drive to format and tried reinstalling Ubuntu onto the SSD but seems like the SSD is pretty much dead.

I installed Ubuntu using the usb drive and it said it installed successfully but it went straight to a black screen with a cusor on the top left.

For some odd reason Ubuntu is installed on the USB drive yet showing the SSD has about 63GB of space on top of an 80GB SSD what to I do buy a new SSD or can the guys at System76 replace the SSD given the warranty is still intact??
    Go ahead and contact us via our website. We will be able to handle your case there.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

I previously contacted support days ago thanks though. Problem is solved.