Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gnome Shell 3.4.1 can't full screen videos on youtube or any other site

Beans

Gnome Shell 3.4.1 can't full screen videos on youtube or any other site

Started happening about a week ago I can't pin point what might have done it. When I click on the full screen button for a video on just about any page it will just flicker and then not do anything. I switched over to Unity and it seems to work fine there (although it seems to be a bit glitchy as well) so this looks like a Gnome Shell specific problem. I tried disabling all extensions on Chrome but it still won't work.

Okay I just tried all these sites with Firefox and there seems to be no issue so I believe this is a Chrome specific issue. What could be the problem then?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Gnome Shell 3.4.1 can't full screen videos on youtube or any other site

Hey!

Check out this link... yeah, don't ask me - YouTube have been forcing it on random people it seems. if this isn't the trouble, let us know!

Beans

Unfortunately I don't think that's it because it says I'm not enrolled in the HTML5 trial.

Beans
    Distro

OK, so it's a Flash issue... where did you install Chrome from?

Beans

Probably just from here

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

And yeah my first instinct is that it's a flash issue but I don't exactly know how to go about fixing it. Even though it doesn't do it on Unity, there still seems to be some issue going on. Whenever I go full screen on Unity it will lag for a second and when I exit full screen the same thing will happen. But on Gnome Shell it's so bad that I can't even get to full screen at all using Chrome. Really strange problem.

Beans
    Distro

Well, that was going to be my suggestion. Have you tried uninstalling Chrome, purging, rebooting and reinstalling from the website? (USC versions of stuff can be dodgy).

Beans

I haven't. When I have time I probably will so I guess I'll stick with Unity for the time being.

Beans
    Distro

Wait, what? Are you saying that Chrome's built in Flash works in Unity... but not in GNOME3? If so, then you might want to try removing and purging gnome-shell, then reinstalling it...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

have you tried it using Chromium or Firefox (and other browsers) from the USC yet?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by msammels View Post
    Wait, what? Are you saying that Chrome's built in Flash works in Unity... but not in GNOME3? If so, then you might want to try removing and purging gnome-shell, then reinstalling it...
    I really think it's a Chrome problem. When I use Firefox everything is really smooth, if I click full screen there is no delay. It just goes straight to it and starts loading the video in HD. If I exit full screen there is no hiccup or anything.

With Chrome it's very jerky when I go into full screen or exit. Even though it's functional in Unity it still has some apparent issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast