Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 issues

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04 issues

I apologize if this is a repeat questions. I looked through other posts, but I don't believe anyones problems are like mine, and the ones that are I didn't see a clear resolution for.

I recently installed Ubuntu 12.04 in a dual boot with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I had some trouble getting Ubuntu installed, but eventually got it working. Once I got into the desktop in Ubuntu I made some tweaks to fire fox settings and surfed the web a bit, then shut down.

Now when I try to log on my boot keeps freezing in one of two ways. It either freezes during the Ubuntu splash screen before the log on screen or the screen just goes black and doesn't do anything.

However, this is where it gets a little weird I think. Last night I tried to log in several times with the freezing error. However, I tried to log in today and I had no problem getting in at all -- first time logged in no problem. I'm hesitant to log off simply because I want to be able to keep using Ubuntu. I prefer it over Windows, but I admit I am a total Linux newbie.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Laptop c655-s5132. It's a pretty basic laptop, very low end. I got it from a school to help with course work. Any work would be greatly appreciated as I would very much like to make the switch to Ubuntu.

I'm going to continue to Google for some answers, but all help is appreciated. If I can provide any other information to help resolve the freezing problem please let me know.

Thank you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 issues

Search here also: http://www.googlubuntu.com/

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 issues

Awesome resource, thanks!

I've got a couple of things I need to try now. I'll repost when I've resolved it letting everyone know how it goes.