View Poll Results: Should ubuntu use original Icons for Firefox and Thunderbird?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

107 82.31%
  • No

23 17.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vote for original Firefox and Thunderbird Icons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Vote for original Firefox and Thunderbird Icons

Quote Originally Posted by bruce89
    I was only joking, but I don't see the issue. Is it the (perceived) lack of extensions?
    It's the way Epiphany handles tabs.
    If they would shrink instead of those 2 little arrows at the top it would be good enough to be the defailt browser(though I would still use Ff).
    "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Vote for original Firefox and Thunderbird Icons

Haven't we been through this before? Legal reasons - since the source code of Firefox has to be modified so it can be updated through debs/apt for Ubuntu, so the distro can't ship with the stock Firefox icon. No exceptions.

And very few of the developers ever read the forums anyway. This is just a community forums, it's not affliated with Canonical in any way - if you want to get in touch with the developers on this issue, you're better off posting on the mailing lists or getting in touch with them on IRC.
    What's wrong with closed and open source co-exisiting?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234