Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LibreOffice open files disappearing

Beans

Re: LibreOffice open files disappearing

I'm using the same version of both as you are.

I still have to use Super + W. Its a known bug, so I guess we have to be patient.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for the "Super + W" workaround!

Having just installed the 12.04.1 iteration of Precise, I was impressed to find out such a bug is still present (being an LTS).

EDIT: https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1026426 -- 350 as the heat value at the time of this writing.
    Last edited by twipley; August 25th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Beans

I have had this problem for a while now since I installed Ubuntu 12.04, does anyone know when a fix would be committed?

Beans

I am not sure that I had exactly the same problem, but I solved by fixing also LibreOffice Calc in the launcher (I removed it after having installed Ubuntu). Don't ask me why it works!

EDIT: ...mmm actually it does not work. I found the (wrong) solution by googling, but I have the same problem again. So I had to revert to the super+W workaround.
    Last edited by brazov; August 31st, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

Beans

Hi all. I came across this because I have the exact same problem.

I have not tried the super-W yet but one solution I have found is to middle click the libre icon in the menu. This magically brings one of the windows to the top. Last time I tried this middle clicking repeatedly brought differnt windows to the fore. super-W looks like a much nicer suggestion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey guys, this bug annoyed me for ages. On work level, since we install many Ubuntu workstation, is an absolute pain in the ***, to put it very mildly. Absurd that is not being solved yet... I would love to help as well.

Anyway, there is a workaround that works quite well, found in the bug report:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/libreoffice/sofficerc
    Line Logo=1 change to Logo=0, save and exit (do not touch other settings !).

Restart all LibreOffice apps (better logoff/login again). This setting has the effect to remove the splash screen at boot of LibreOffice, which seems to make the problem disappear (at least for me, I have not had it happen since I did the trick).

For those who installed newest one from LibreOffice website manually, do this command instead:
    Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/libreoffice3.6/program/sofficerc
    Cheers.

Beans

It seems that the recent updates solved the problem. At least in my case.
    Last edited by brazov; September 17th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.

Beans

Talking Re: LibreOffice open files disappearing

Thanks, Typhoon_Tip! I had the exact same problem, with the same builds of Ubuntu and LibreOffice and the workaround worked as a charm

Beans

[solved] Re: LibreOffice open files disappearing

Seems that also in my case the updates solved the problem. in any case i shut off the splash screen, you newer know...

as for my part i would mark the issue as [solved]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12