Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wireless rt2870

Beans

wireless rt2870

Hi. I recently installed the latest version of Ubuntu about a week ago. I have had a look around the net and have tried to follow a number of threads on how to get a Ralink2870 driver working.

My problem is mostly in the comprehension of commands in the Terminal.
    In the terminal, I have the following output using lsusb

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 045e:0745 Microsoft Corp. Nano Transceiver v1.0 for Bluetooth
    Bus 003 Device 005: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0612 Genesys Logic, Inc.
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 05e3:0612 Genesys Logic, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0db0:3871 Micro Star International
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0db0:a871 Micro Star International
    Bus 003 Device 006: ID 046d:c317 Logitech, Inc. Wave Corded Keyboard
    Bus 003 Device 007: ID 4971:ce07 SimpleTech
    Bus 003 Device 008: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
    user@user-desktop:~$
    As you can see, I am still using Microstar International. I don't think that is what I should/need to be using. On the Windows 7 side of my computer, I am running the Ralink 2870 driver; thereofore, I should be running this same driver in Ubuntu.

I find that the current wifi setup that was given me upon the install is working not very well. It seems to be in and out. That is, connections are good one minute and the next they are out.

My landlord let's me use his Wifi so this means that I don't have access to their router.

There are a number of posts/threads that I have visited and found some helpful information on them .

Firstly, I download the ralink 2870 from the ralink website.
    Secondly, a number of the threads I visited did help but only so much.
    Some threads I found useful were the following:

(1). ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1743530

(2) ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1855422

(3) ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=960642

In the first thread, in the first post, it says to change the 'n' to 'y' as shown below.

# Support Wpa_Supplicant HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y # Support Native WpaSupplicant for Network Maganger HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y
    I did that.
    In the third point in that first post, it says to change

LINUX_SRC_MODULE = /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
    to this

LINUX_SRC_MODULE = /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/kernel/drivers/staging/rt2870
    I did that too; however, I found conflicting information in the second link that I gave above and in post #2, 'kelwynsa8' says to not change it. So I reverted the above change back to it's original content.

In the third link I gave above, I tried to do as per instructions. The problem that I have with this post is in understanding how to go about it so that I am using the Ralink2870 driver.

There is some very useful information that I found at this thread here;

(4) ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1783881&highlight=rt2870

This thread seems to have given me a boost up until the terminal command:

cp RT2870.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/

which at the very end gave me this output

make[2]: *** [/home/user/Downloads/2010_0709_RT2870_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/user/Downloads/2010_0709_RT2870_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1/os/linux] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.5.0-22-generic'
    make: *** [LINUX] Error 2
    user@user-desktop:~/Downloads/2010_0709_RT2870_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1$

I decided to ignore the errors and go ahead with the next terminal command as manzdagratiano puts in post #6 in that last link I gave above. The command that
    I could not go any further was at the Terminal command

sudo insmod rt2870sta.ko
    which gave me the output

insmod: can't read 'rt2870sta.ko': No such file or directory
    This is where I get stuck.

For your information some useful terminal command outputs are the following

user@user-desktop:~$ iwconfig
    eth0 no wireless extensions.

eth1 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"XXXXXX"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 20:76:00:06:B3:54
    Bit Rate:19.5 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
    Retry long limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Power Managementn
    Link Quality=35/70 Signal level=-75 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:125 Invalid misc:87 Missed beacon:0
    user@user-desktop:~$ iwpriv
    eth0 no private ioctls.

eth1 no private ioctls.

lo no private ioctls.

wlan0 no private ioctls.
    by the way, before I started out in any of the above attempts, I did run in the terminal

apt-get update
    apt-get install build-essential
    Last edited by Hodevah; January 26th, 2013 at 04:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: some help connecting wireless rt2870

Hi!, houdevah,

If you google "0db0:3871 Micro Star International" you will see that it is indeed a RalinkRT2870 chip and ubuntu uses the the same rt2870 driver for linux.

Please Post:
    Code:
    uname -r
    ifconfig -a | grep -iA9 wlan0
    sudo lshw -C network
    lsmod | grep -e rt2
    Chao!, bogan.
    "Better Solutions may bring Worsened Problems": After Lao Tse, b. circa 405BC. a contemporary of Confucius, who died circa 600BC.
    They did things differently in those days, apparently!!

Beans

Hi bogan, and thanks for getting back to me about this. Here is what the results were of the terminal command you asked for.

user@user-desktop:~$ uname -r
    3.5.0-22-generic
    user@user-desktop:~$ ifconfig -a | grep -iA9 wlan0
    wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 94:db:c9:50:d4:94
    inet addr:192.168.1.96 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    inet6 addr: fe80::96db:c9ff:fe50:d494/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:1521 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:1789 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:1262657 (1.2 MB) TX bytes:257138 (257.1 KB)

user@user-desktop:~$ sudo lshw -C network
    [sudo] password for user:
    Sorry, try again.
    *-network
    description: Ethernet interface
    product: 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
    vendor: Intel Corporation
    physical id: 19
    bus info: pci@0000:00:19.0
    logical name: eth0
    version: 04
    serial: 00:22:4d:82:e5:5d
    capacity: 1Gbit/s
    width: 32 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
    configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=2.0.0-k firmware=0.13-4 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
    resources: irq:52 memory:eff00000-eff1ffff memory:eff39000-eff39fff ioport:f040(size=32)
    *-network
    product: 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
    logical name: eth1
    version: 00
    serial: 00:22:4d:82:e5:6c
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
    configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=2.0.0-k firmware=2.1-2 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
    resources: irq:16 memory:efd20000-efd3ffff memory:efd00000-efd1ffff ioport:d000(size=32) memory:efd40000-efd43fff
    *-network
    description: Wireless interface
    physical id: 1
    bus info: usb@2:1.5
    logical name: wlan0
    serial: 94:db:c9:50:d4:94
    capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rt2800usb driverversion=3.5.0-22-generic firmware=0.29 ip=192.168.1.96 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11bgn
    I see that it shows that I am using the rt2800 usb driver version.

I don't understand something. YOur saying that I am using the 2870 driver on the Linux side. But it says that I am using a ralink 2800 driver. Or is it just being loaded up as a 2800 driver wherein it is actually a ralink 2870 driver?

Also, I went to this link here "http://wiki.debian.org/rt2800usb" after I did a brief Google on
    '0db0:3871 Micro Star International"

At that link, it states that

It is included in the mainline Linux kernel since version 2.6.31 and replaces the rt2870sta staging driver
    so basically, from what I understand then is that the ralink 2870sta driver is replaced (for what-ever reason, I guess). But that is for Debian systems. Would or could that also then be applicable for Ununtu OS? I mean, I guess it could since that is what the terminal command reported.

Again, thanks a bunch for replying and looking forward to hearing from you in this thread once again.

EDIT: Additional information found that I think might coincide with what I stated above:

This adds support for rt27xx/rt28xx/rt30xx wireless chipset family. Supported chips: RT2770, RT2870 & RT3070, RT3071 & RT3072
    When compiled as a module, this driver will be called "rt2800usb.ko".
    I got that information from this link here:
    http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/RT2800USB.html
    Last edited by Hodevah; January 26th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I need to do some more review of your posts, but the first thing I can tell you is that Ubuntu is based on Debian, so if something works in Debian it should work in ubuntu.

I also noticed your errors when trying to build the driver. Since there were errors, then of course there was no module to load - hence the error on trying to modprobe the driver. I do have a couple of questions for you regarding this download:

• usually when you download something like this it is an archive, so after download you have unpack it - it should go in a new subfolder. After that, via the command line, you need to change your working directory (cd) to that newly created subfolder. There should be a readme file there also for you to read.
    • be sure to install the build-essential package. While the description now indicates it is only needed if building deb packages, it should be noted that you want to install all of its dependencies as you'll need those. So, just simply install the build-essential package.

After the above, then try compiling your driver again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You already have the driver installed. Compiling it from source will not help unless it is a newer version than what comes in the kernel and the reliability problems are the result of bugs in the older version.

What you should try first is connecting to the router and then changing the speed of the card from "auto" to "5.5m". The iwconfig command can do this, I can't remember the exact syntax but you can see it in the manual or on Google.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    What you should try first is connecting to the router and then changing the speed of the card from "auto" to "5.5m". The iwconfig command can do this, I can't remember the exact syntax but you can see it in the manual or on Google.
    Hi. As I mentioned earlier in my first post, I don't have a router. My landlord let's me use his wifi.

And I also appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by squakie View Post
    I need to do some more review of your posts, but the first thing I can tell you is that Ubuntu is based on Debian, so if something works in Debian it should work in ubuntu.

I also noticed your errors when trying to build the driver. Since there were errors, then of course there was no module to load - hence the error on trying to modprobe the driver. I do have a couple of questions for you regarding this download:

• usually when you download something like this it is an archive, so after download you have unpack it - it should go in a new subfolder. After that, via the command line, you need to change your working directory (cd) to that newly created subfolder. There should be a readme file there also for you to read.
    • be sure to install the build-essential package. While the description now indicates it is only needed if building deb packages, it should be noted that you want to install all of its dependencies as you'll need those. So, just simply install the build-essential package.

After the above, then try compiling your driver again.
    Hi.
    Yes. Your right and I understand about having to unarchive files into a seperate folder. After I downloaded the archived file to my desktop, it came out with a new folder from which I knew to work with. Leaving it there for further usage.

The working directory from which I was to now work with was the following:

user@user-desktop:~$ cd /home/user/Desktop/2010_0709_RT2870_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1
    user@user-desktop:~/Desktop/2010_0709_RT2870_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1$
    afterwords, if memory serves me correct, I then began to work out of

user@user-desktop:~/Desktop/2010_0709_RT2870_Linux_STA_v2.4.0.1/os/linux
    I believe that I did those Terminal commands correctly, did I not? Please do inform me of any mistakes. I assume that I did that command correctly because of the output.

And I do believe I did the build essential package as I stated close to the very bottom of my first post. I do believe that those were the correct commands, were they not?

And I did those Terminal commands at the very beginning even though I posted those commands at the bottom of my first post. I only mentioned them at that point in the post because I had forgotten to post them initially and only posted them then (last).
    Last edited by Hodevah; January 26th, 2013 at 06:21 AM.

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Another question - are you running 12.04 LTS or are you running 12.10? I've read various places that this adapter should be recognized and work find with 12.10 - no need to try another driver. So, if you just installed, and if you are at 12.04 LTS, you may want to try downloading the ISO for 12.10, burn it to a disk, boot the disk and see if your wifi works better then. If so, I would install 12.10 at that point.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by squakie View Post
    Another question - are you running 12.04 LTS or are you running 12.10? I've read various places that this adapter should be recognized and work find with 12.10 - no need to try another driver. So, if you just installed, and if you are at 12.04 LTS, you may want to try downloading the ISO for 12.10, burn it to a disk, boot the disk and see if your wifi works better then. If so, I would install 12.10 at that point.

No. I don't have 12.10 LTS. I installed just 12.10 via USB.

I initially tried installing 12.10 via CD but I noticed that it kept hanging during it's boot into RAM. Found that to be very unusual. After booting into RAM, it continued to take a very long time to load up. Very strange and unusual, I felt. So I booted/installed via USB. But of course, none of that would be related to wifi.

EDIT: Additional info.

So as I no longer have any working wifi on Ubuntu 12.10 (no changes to network/wifi were made the last time I used Ubuntu), this leaves me to pretty much make posts via Windows 7 or on my laptop which uses Broadcom, of which there are no problems with that when using Linux Mint 14.
    Last edited by Hodevah; January 26th, 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    You already have the driver installed. Compiling it from source will not help unless it is a newer version than what comes in the kernel and the reliability problems are the result of bugs in the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodevah View Post
    Hi. As I mentioned earlier in my first post, I don't have a router. My landlord let's me use his wifi.
    I think you misunderstood. 3rdalbum just wanted you to change the speed setting of your wireless adapter using a command like

Code:
    sudo iwconfig wlan0 rate 5.5M

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GordThompson View Post
    I think you misunderstood. 3rdalbum just wanted you to change the speed setting of your wireless adapter using a command like

Code:
    sudo iwconfig wlan0 rate 5.5M
    Hi again, GordThompson.
    So I can do this even though I don't have physical access to a router?
    I'll give it a try then and post results. But I don't expect anything magical though.

EDIT: Here are the results:

user@user-desktop:~$ sudo iwconfig wlan0 rate 5.5M
    Nothing.
    One other thing that I did try is according to the link here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...25&postcount=1

ugm6hr says to turn off Power Save function. This I did on my Desktop as you can see here from this screen shot:

After this, I rebooted into Ubuntu and thence found no network availability. Returned to Windows 7 to undo recent changes. Rebooted back into Ubuntu and now as of this writing, I have network service again.

What I have noticed so far is that my wifi seems to intermittently go historically go On and Off. But this as I am sure as you read in my first post, are aware of.

Also, did the following Terminal command

ifconfig iwconfig route -n ping -c 3 208.67.219.101 ping -c 3 www.opendns.com
    Results listed below:

user@user-desktop:~$ ifconfig
    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:22:4d:82:e5:5d
    UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    Interrupt:20 Memory:eff00000-eff20000

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:22:4d:82:e5:6c
    UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    Interrupt:16 Memory:efd20000-efd40000

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:259 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:259 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:23580 (23.5 KB) TX bytes:23580 (23.5 KB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 94:db:c9:50:d4:94
    inet addr:192.168.1.96 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    inet6 addr: fe80::96db:c9ff:fe50:d494/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:3104 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:2990 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    RX bytes:2665194 (2.6 MB) TX bytes:497448 (497.4 KB)

user@user-desktop:~$ iwconfig
    eth0 no wireless extensions.

eth1 no wireless extensions.

lo no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"mcnzh"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 20:76:00:06:B3:54
    Bit Rate:5.5 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
    Retry long limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Power Managementn
    Link Quality=35/70 Signal level=-75 dBm
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:3 Invalid misc:62 Missed beacon:0

user@user-desktop:~$ route -n
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
    0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan0
    169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1000 0 0 wlan0
    192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 9 0 0 wlan0
    user@user-desktop:~$ ping -c 3 208.67.219.101
    PING 208.67.219.101 (208.67.219.101) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 208.67.219.101 ping statistics ---
    3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 1999ms

user@user-desktop:~$ ping -c 3 www.opendns.com
    PING www.opendns.com (67.215.92.210) 56(84) bytes of data.
    Also, Terminal command

uname -a
    Results:

user@user-desktop:~$ uname -a
    Linux user-desktop 3.5.0-22-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 8 21:47:00 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    user@user-desktop:~$ lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 12.10
    Release: 12.10
    Codename: quantal
    Terminal command:
    lspci
    Results:
    user@user-desktop:~$ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port (rev 09)
    00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (rev 04)
    00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
    00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev c4)
    00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev c4)
    00:1c.7 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 8 (rev c4)
    00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z77 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
    00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Barts XT [Radeon HD 6800 Series]
    01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Barts HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 6800 Series]
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    04:00.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8606 6 Lane, 6 Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)
    05:01.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8606 6 Lane, 6 Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)
    05:04.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8606 6 Lane, 6 Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)
    05:05.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8606 6 Lane, 6 Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)
    05:07.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8606 6 Lane, 6 Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)
    05:09.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX 8606 6 Lane, 6 Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0 GT/s) Switch (rev ba)
    07:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
    0a:00.0 PCI bridge: Integrated Technology Express, Inc. Device 8892 (rev 30)
    0b:02.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB22A IEEE-1394a-2000 Controller (PHY/Link) [iOHCI-Lynx]
    0c:00.0 SATA controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9172 SATA 6Gb/s Controller (rev 11)
    Terminal command:
    lsusb
    Results:

user@user-desktop:~$ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
    Bus 003 Device 003: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
    Bus 003 Device 004: ID 045e:0745 Microsoft Corp. Nano Transceiver v1.0 for Bluetooth
    Bus 003 Device 005: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
    Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0612 Genesys Logic, Inc.
    Bus 004 Device 003: ID 05e3:0612 Genesys Logic, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0db0:3871 Micro Star International
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0db0:a871 Micro Star International
    Bus 003 Device 006: ID 046d:c317 Logitech, Inc. Wave Corded Keyboard
    Bus 003 Device 007: ID 4971:ce07 SimpleTech
    Bus 003 Device 008: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
    Terminal command:
    route -n
    Results:
    user@user-desktop:~$ route -n
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
    0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan0
    169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1000 0 0 wlan0
    192.168.1.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 9 0 0 wlan0
    Terminal command:
    sudo lshw -class network
    Results:
    user@user-desktop:~$ sudo lshw -class network
    *-network
    product: 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
    physical id: 19
    bus info: pci@0000:00:19.0
    logical name: eth0
    version: 04
    serial: 00:22:4d:82:e5:5d
    The security I am using is
    WPA/WPA2
    Last edited by Hodevah; January 26th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast