Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: design a tablet for ubuntu

Beans

Lightbulb design a tablet for ubuntu

hello users!
    the last time i was thinking about designing a tablet for using ubuntu .
    this design is starter for this idea , and please comment to it for make it better
    I create a model via blender for this work:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/U3x19Ery/Ubuntab2.html

these are the rendered view of the 3D model:

please ask me if you have any question about it!
    Last edited by hsn6; July 4th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: design a tablet for ubuntu

I have some questions about this tablet:
    1.What represents the little part of the table (on one picture this thing is keyboard).

2. On the top of the tablet there is something that looks like button. It is button or not? Why it's not in the center of the tablet?

3. There are 5 rectangles. What represent the rectangles? Solar Cells?

In my opinion you should move Ubuntu logo to the top of the tablet, at the place like it was in Ubuntu 10.04 (top left corner).

Thanks.

Good luck with your designing.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans

the part of the tablet that is on one of picture used such as keyboard is the extraLED .
    ExtraLED is another led that it duty is save the energy and a place for view the unity launcher or play controller or progress bar or keyboard or any extra widget.
    for example ,you have low battery and you want to listen to music , at this moment you turn off the main led and control your music with extraled at resault you save the energy .
    this extraled can put on the up,down,left or right via connect to main or put on another place and connect via usb .
    those 5 rectangle button are the tabs that use for switch between windows . you touch with your finger and press on one of this button with your another finger for connect the window to this button and when we need to it you can switch to this window.
    this ubuntu logo is the 3 button for power ,restart and switch off/on mainLED .
    if I put it on top left corner it would under the finger in horizonal or vertical stat and it make many problems .
    thank you for reply.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hsn6 View Post
    for example ,you have low battery and you want to listen to music , at this moment you turn off the main led and control your music with extraled at resault you save the energy .
    Ok I understand this. But who is listening to music on his tablet? For music we usually use Mp3 players (Ipods, etc.), because they are portable and you can have it in your pocket. But if you are listening with table, than you have to have it somewhere near you (in your hands, on table) .

It's nice design I have to admit, but in my opinion the extraLED, will cause problems. The tablet is not build from one piece (it's not portable), and there can be some connection problems with extraLed and tablet. But that's just my opinion (I don't have tablet, because I didn't find it usable )

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans

this is not good that you have many things in your packet, for example ipod for listening music, and a psp for game , ... .
    I dont understand your habbits in your country!
    tablet is multimedia.
    this extraled is a part of the tablet that connected physically and i dont think about it matter. why do you said it?
    Last edited by hsn6; July 7th, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Well, because if you are working with tablet for example on the bus, the external part (LCD) can easily fall down from your knees (many falls and you have to replace connector- it depends on type of connector).

BTW, what will you do with your designs? Will you send it to Canonical or you are making this just for fun?

Beans

Whats the BTW?
    is it a kind of connection?
    do you have a picture related to it?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hsn6 View Post
    Whats the BTW?
    is it a kind of connection?
    do you have a picture related to it?
    BTW-by the way.

It's phrase

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GreatDanton View Post
    BTW-by the way.

It's phrase
    Do you can describe about meaning of it?
    I dont understand English very well!
    do you can edit my design for make a connector? (i have put it on first post)

Beans
    Distro

It's hard do describe this for me, because I am not native speaker. Maybe someone will see that post and will describe the meaning for you.

My question is: will you send this design to Canonical, or you are modeling just for fun?

About designing a connector: I am not modeling .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast