Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apache2 empty response in Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Re: Apache2 empty response in Ubuntu 12.04

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Jacker View Post
    Yes. From localhost and others local network machines the site open with no problem.
    If those other local machines share the same subnet addresses as you (i.e., they all fall into the same range like 192.168.1.1-254), then the problem pretty clearly is on your local machine. What, if anything, differentiates your machine from the others that can connect? If you can answer that problem, you've probably found the solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    If those other local machines share the same subnet addresses as you (i.e., they all fall into the same range like 192.168.1.1-254), then the problem pretty clearly is on your local machine. What, if anything, differentiates your machine from the others that can connect? If you can answer that problem, you've probably found the solution.
    The problem occurs when i try to connect from Internet, in other words, when i try to connect from a machine that is physically in other place than the server.
    When setting up the server, was working with no problem, but passed 1 week, and show no more the website.
    ::: Killer Jacker :::
    "Es el verdadero arte del maestro despertar la alegría por el trabajo y el conocimiento".
    -A. Einstein

Beans

I follow this thread with great anticipation. I have the exact same issue but, alas, nothing to contribute. Please post, if you fix this. I will do the same.

Beans

To access the server from the Internet, are you forwarding port 80 through a router back to the server? Are you sure the forwarding is correct? Name service for the web site points to the router? The router still has the same IP address as it did before?

Beans

Sorry, Killer Jacker, for interrupting your thread.
    In my case, port 80 is correctly forwarded. Hypothetically, if it weren't it wouldn't serve a blank web page, would it? It would give some error message, right?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hardkxre View Post
    Sorry, Killer Jacker, for interrupting your thread.
    In my case, port 80 is correctly forwarded. Hypothetically, if it weren't it wouldn't serve a blank web page, would it? It would give some error message, right?
    Don't worry man. Any contribution is good received.

Anyway, +1 to the post of hardkxre.

I'm forwarding port 80 through the router and IP is the same that when all was ok. I can connect using ssh.

This problem is really a headache.
    "Es el verdadero arte del maestro despertar la alegría por el trabajo y el conocimiento".
    -A. Einstein

Beans
    Distro

Finally fixed... without any intervention o_O

would be a problem with DNS... i don't know
    -A. Einstein

Beans

I still have the same issue
    Did you ever realise what was wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12