Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External hard drive problem after upgrade

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: External hard drive problem after upgrade

The other answers:

Quote Originally Posted by Futant View Post
    There is indeed a directory at media/Volume, but I can't access it - I don't have the required permissions. Do I need to get rid of /media/Volume in favour of /media/Volume_? if so, how to get permission? And how do I change the mount point? At the moment I can't get into LiVES to change the reference - at this stage I would be happy with an ugly workaround because I only have a couple of hours of internet access left today.
    If you manage to wipe /media/Volume, you should not need the ugly work-around.
    Have I ended up with two swap partitions because of the upgrade? To delete /dev/sda7 do I boot the cd and use the partition editor there?
    Yes, and yes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Talking Re: External hard drive problem after upgrade

Thankyou so much for your help! Problem is sorted And I understand the workings of Ubuntu a little (very little!) bit better. Now to hopefully not mess everything up messing with partitions... One more thing, will having two swap partitions be a problem or is it just ungainly? Thanks again!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: External hard drive problem after upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Futant View Post
    Thankyou so much for your help! Problem is sorted And I understand the workings of Ubuntu a little (very little!) bit better. Now to hopefully not mess everything up messing with partitions... One more thing, will having two swap partitions be a problem or is it just ungainly? Thanks again!
    1. Congratulations

2. Just ungainly with 2 swap areas. The second one is mounted and available but probably never needed (so waste of drive space).

And if you are happy (for the moment), please click on Thread Tools at the top of this thread and mark this thread as SOLVED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12