Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: HOWTO: play amiga games with E-UAE emulator

Beans

Re: HOWTO: play amiga games with E-UAE emulator

I am using e-uae under xubuntu and I have no sound-mouse at all. Previously I was using uae and I had mouse btu no sound. Does anyone know how to make the sound work?

thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kartal View Post
    I am using e-uae under xubuntu and I have no sound-mouse at all. Previously I was using uae and I had mouse btu no sound. Does anyone know how to make the sound work?

thanks
    Seems like maybe a build error in the Ubuntu packaged version? Maybe there is a bug filed, in any case, just compile it from source:

Download from http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/ and extract to /usr/src as root.

Code:
    sudo -i
    cd /usr/src/e-uae...
    apt-get build-dep e-uae
    ./configure --enable-cd32 --with-alsa --with-sdl-sound
    make
    make install

Beans

You'd probably want to add --with-sdl-gl, for opengl support also.

Beans

I couldn't get it to build, but I downloaded the latest executable off the authors website and sound works perfect (ALSA)

Beans

I'm a bit new to Linux and have stumbled across this thread, originally I was under the impression that amigas used similar programing language to linux?

So anyway I have installed e-uae onto my linux laptop and tried some games, have hit a coupld of small problems that I dont know how to get round:

1: decided to play the classic game of cannon fodder, however on some screens as you move the pointer up the screen, the pointer seems to become out of sync with the actual pointind device, so while the pointer is at 3/4 of the UAE screen, the linux pointer has reappeared outside of the UAE window!

2: is there a way to mount a physical DF0: drive? I have a usb diskdrive for the laptop and have a box of old software, some of which I'd like to try out again and wondered how I could get the kickrom of E-UAE to read the diskdrive as its own like the old Amiga would - you insert a disk it recognises theres one there reads it and runs the programe!

Any pointers?

of is there a website that tells you have to get it working for UAE?

I'd be interested in making an install of an Amiga OS too, I only ever played with workbench 1.3 on my amiga 500 (with its whole 1mb of memory!) and was wondering if newer ones could be downloaded and installed to hard drive?

I still think amigas are cool, especially for some video titling and also more over music sequencing!

Beans

Press and hold F12 while pressing G to capture or release the mouse, F12-S fullscreen, F12-Q quit.

Lots of good stuff here, http://eab.abime.net/index.php related to e-uae and a few unofficial Linux variants.

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: play amiga games with E-UAE emulator

I love retro games, Amiga has some of the best ports of games from the 80s. The only downside of the amiga is the load times. Since it is an emulator, is there anyway of speeding up the load times to games?
    I was testing different games out and Mortal kombat took so long to load!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567