Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to update Intel Graphics driver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: How to update Intel Graphics driver

Is there any point in upgrading to Precise Pangolin? Would that solve my problem, or would I still have the same issue?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by mucklas View Post
    Is there any point in upgrading to Precise Pangolin? Would that solve my problem, or would I still have the same issue?
    You might have the same issue. You could test it out first by using a LiveCD. I'm trying to think why there aren't any proprietary drivers listed for you. After all, your graphics card is an integrated card, right?
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro

Integrated, yes, at least that's what it says on the label. I'm not very good at this...

Is this a repository issue? Why the driver isn't listed I mean? Should I enable something?

Beans
    Distro

Integrated, yes, at least that's what it says on the label. I'm not very good at this...

Is this a repository issue? Why the driver isn't listed I mean? Should I enable something?
    That's okay. I didn't know much about Ubuntu when I first started using it either. I still consider myself a beginner. I also wanted to learn how to check what my graphics card was and its driver because I had an issue where Ubuntu was displaying it as "Unknown Driver" in the System Settings. It has magically fixed itself now.

I don't think it's a repository issue unless something was changed. You could post a screenshot of your Software Sources. Probably the first three tabs, Ubuntu Sofware, Other Software and Updates.
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro

I don't know how to post a screenshot
    I'll type the first four:

1: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian oneiric contrib
    2: Canonical Partners
    Sotfware packaged by Canonical for their partners
    3: Independent
    Provided by third-party softare developers
    4: Independent (Source Code)

I found this while looking. Could it help?
    ETA: Also this.
    Last edited by mucklas; July 1st, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro

I don't know how to post a screenshot
    I'll type the first four:

1: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian oneiric contrib
    2: Canonical Partners
    Sotfware packaged by Canonical for their partners
    3: Independent
    4: Independent (Source Code)

I found this while looking. Could it help?
    ETA: Also this.
    To do a screenshot,just press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. The screenshot will either go into your Home or Pictures folder. Find it there and attach it here.

I would try the PPA, the second link you posted. I've tried the X org edgers and it messed up my Ubuntu and I had to go through some troubleshooting to get it back to how it was. I would leave that as a last resort. Let me know if you're going to try it and I will provide the link to my thread that has the fix if anything goes wrong.
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro

Heh, I can do a screenshot, I just don't know how to post it - "Please enter the URL of your image:" is what the prompt says... But the image is on my desktop...?

Anyway, doing what the second link suggested, here, seems to do it, the game starts at least. The graphics aren't very nice, too dark. Maybe it's adjustable. I also haven't played yet. I'll be back with an update once I have

Beans
    Distro

Heh, I can do a screenshot, I just don't know how to post it - "Please enter the URL of your image:" is what the prompt says... But the image is on my desktop...?

Anyway, doing what the second link suggested, here, seems to do it, the game starts at least. The graphics aren't very nice, too dark. Maybe it's adjustable. I also haven't played yet. I'll be back with an update once I have
    Once you've clicked the button for attachments, click the button that says "Choose File" or "Browse", then find your screenshot, and then click "Open", then click "Upload" then close the attachments window. Your screenshot will be uploaded in your post. It seems you're on your way to fixing the issue. Good job!
    Question Everything

Beans
    Distro

Oh, dear. Even with the gamma setting at the highest possible it's still too dark and the game is unbelievably sluggish. Maybe my little laptop can't handle running Diablo in wine

Thank you for helping, I consider it a qualified success; the game starts without problems, and at least i didn't break anything trying to fix the issue

Also, thanks for technical help with the forum!
    Last edited by mucklas; July 1st, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Oh, dear. Even with the gamma setting at the highest possible it's still too dark and the game is unbelievably sluggish. Maybe my little laptop can't handle running Diablo in wine

Thank you for helping, I consider it a qualified success; the game starts without problems, and at least i didn't break anything trying to fix the issue
    Diablo is a very heavy game and Wine does tend to run programs slowly so there may be some issues there. Try messing around with the settings to get it right, if it's possible. I'm glad that nothing broke too!
    Question Everything

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast