Thread: Wireless Continously Disconnects

Beans

Wireless Continously Disconnects

Hi all, I have Ubuntu 12.04 installed and lately I have been getting disconnected from my wifi connection almost every 30 minutes to an hour.

It could be from watching something on youtube, downloading a file, or overall just on xchat.

Ever since I upgraded the kernel it's been acting up the only way I can get my Internet connection to work is to reboot Ubuntu.

I can't tell if it has to do with some type of network kernel bug or some recent update.

Is there anyway I can go about fixing the issue from the terminal or by somewhat downgrading to a older kernel my guess is it could also be a driver problem.

By the way this is an late 2011 System76 model that contains a Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wireless Continously Disconnects

Hi there,

I don't have a laptop with this wireless module. However, I have googled your problem, and found that you will have to change a driver parameter with these two terminal commands:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi
    sudo modprobe iwlwifi 11n_disable=1
    This will unfortunately disable Wireless-N so you will not get the fastest speeds, but hopefully the connection should be more stable.

Hope this helps

Jackyboy633

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, that most likely will solve the issue if it does it will need to be made permanent.
    Thanks

Beans

Thanks I'll be sure to remind myself to check it out.