Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kubuntu 12.04 Wireless Disappears

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Kubuntu 12.04 Wireless Disappears

So, after a few reboots it quit out again. I re-ran the script and rebooted and it did not work...I'm not sure what's going on why it would show up sometimes and not other times. Having a non-working wifi connection is not really an option for a laptop.

Any suggestions or anything else I can try or remove or reinstall or anything?
    Last edited by x C0MMAND0 x; August 15th, 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Edit: Did not work
    Check out my Youtube channel for some awesome gaming videos, including Dragonforce, "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert Performance Mode from Guitar Hero III. My Youtube Channel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, I suspect something else is going on.

Maybe a hardware failure or bios issue.

When you can not connect copy and paste this command in the terminal (ctrl+alt+t) please:
    Code:
    wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && chmod +x wireless_script && ./wireless_script
    It will download a script and create a text file in your home folder with wireless information so we can see the condition of your wireless at this time and the Mac address, WPA key and WEP key are removed for your security, then reply back and attach the netinfo.txt file.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

It turns out it is a physical hardware issue - I did more testing and it is physical. I will make this thread as resolved and look into a good usb wifi adapter that plays nicely with linux.

Thank you for your help.
    Check out my Youtube channel for some awesome gaming videos, including Dragonforce, "Through the Fire and Flames" on Expert Performance Mode from Guitar Hero III. My Youtube Channel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi, your welcome!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Talking Re: Kubuntu 12.04 Wireless Disappears

found that 12.04 upgrade is not a good version to do upgrade with get half way through the install and the system can't shut things down to finish the proper install and then after restart it quits...

got this fixed by going back to original distro.. and burnt a 12,04 install cd...

so hay take that upgrade,.....
    skype- HtmlGifted
    yahoo- HtmlGifted
    personal page- http://www.jeremyahenry.tk/
    Company site http://www.yourwaywebhosting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12