Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha 2 Officially Released

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Alpha 2 Officially Released

Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    Hey, I'm new to any of this and just plain not that smart. Do I just download the ISO and give it a go, then report problems if I have any somewhere else?
    Good place to start are the stickies in this forum. Welcome aboard the testing ship. There will be choppy seas ahead. It's not all plain sailing so best to test on a spare machine, partition or usb stick.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Alpha 2 Officially Released

Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    Hey, I'm new to any of this and just plain not that smart. Do I just download the ISO and give it a go, then report problems if I have any somewhere else?
    Yep, that's about the size of it.

There are different ways of reporting bugs. Some ppl are quite adept at knowing exactly what's needed in Launchpad, but I've found it rather frustrating, because I don't know how to use it to full advantage. Soooo, many times, my bug reports on Launchpad only amount to a "me too" -- which is also helpful when other testers are trying to confirmation a problem. Every little bit helps.

Occasionally, I'll discover a real corker, and be the first to report it on Launchpad. Then, it becomes magically exciting, but for the most part I just report/follow bugs in the +1 forum. They tend to "swarm" problems here, and that's a lot of fun too.

Anyway, just dive on in.

After you pick up the lingo (some of it unique to this forum) and figure out who the movers n' shakers are, you'll have a ball reporting bugs and doing workarounds, blah, blah, blah.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123