Thread: Help! My New Gazelle Professional Keeps Freezing!

Beans

Angry Help! My New Gazelle Professional Keeps Freezing!

Hi, I just received my new Gazelle (gazp7) this week and it has been freezing up once or twice a day with no response from key board or mouse, requires a hard shutdown/restart. As far as i can tell there is no pattern to when it occurs. Attached is a .tar file. The incedent last occured at 835pm. Please Help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: Help! My New Gazelle Professional Keeps Freezing!

This is a known bug (I posted a link to the bug report in the gazp7 thread). If you're comfortable updating the kernel, anything from version 3.3.6 or higher should resolve this problem. After I did the update, my Gazelle has been rock solid. If you're not sure, then better to wait for an official solution from System76.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Help! My New Gazelle Professional Keeps Freezing!

Quote Originally Posted by jakobcreutzfeldt View Post
    This is a known bug (I posted a link to the bug report in the gazp7 thread). If you're comfortable updating the kernel, anything from version 3.3.6 or higher should resolve this problem. After I did the update, my Gazelle has been rock solid. If you're not sure, then better to wait for an official solution from System76.
    We're tracking the status of this in the official Ubuntu kernel. They're working on getting the patch that fixed this into the main kernel. As soon as it's available or testing, we'll let everyone know.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!