Thread: HP Printer Update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

HP Printer Update

I have a real simple HP printer that I use occasionally. I got a message that there was a new version of HPLIP available. I have 3.12.4 and the new version is 3.12.6. (I am using Lubuntu 12.04) For some reason I could not upgrade. Have no fear folks. To upgrade if you desire just go to the HP website and download it from there and install it yourself. It works fine. This is probably the wrong place to post this but for anyone having the same problem that I did, there is an easy solution.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: HP Printer Update

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bouwense View Post
    I have a real simple HP printer that I use occasionally. I got a message that there was a new version of HPLIP available. I have 3.12.4 and the new version is 3.12.6. (I am using Lubuntu 12.04) For some reason I could not upgrade. Have no fear folks. To upgrade if you desire just go to the HP website and download it from there and install it yourself. It works fine. This is probably the wrong place to post this but for anyone having the same problem that I did, there is an easy solution.
    Unless you need support for a printer that is not supported by the version of hplip that you get from the repos, or it's essential that you have some specific facility that is added in a later version, there is seldom any reason for updating your hplip with the directly acquired version.

Mind you, having said that, it is very easy to install the version downloaded from hplip direct, and you should not be frightened by the apparently complicated and long-winded instruction on the same site.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Unless you need support for a printer that is not supported by the version of hplip that you get from the repos, or it's essential that you have some specific facility that is added in a later version, there is seldom any reason for updating your hplip with the directly acquired version
    Yes, I knew that, but there was a little voice inside of me that said go get it.

Mind you, having said that, it is very easy to install the version downloaded from hplip direct, and you should not be frightened by the apparently complicated and long-winded instruction on the same site.
    +1. All you have to do is answer a few EASY questions once you start the installation.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bouwense View Post
    I had encountered a lot of problems with my hp laserjet 3030, now i am trying to fix it little by little..

hp laserjet 3030 toner
    Last edited by hybenz; July 1st, 2012 at 05:57 PM.