Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resize Ubuntu partition

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Arrow Re: Resize Ubuntu partition

Quote Originally Posted by WinuxUser View Post
    The sda5 should have grub installed in it, but its not there.. further more, ubuntu isn't detected. Maybe a reinstallation of ubuntu would be fine ..
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    How are you booting both Windows 7 which needs more than 10GB, 30 usually recommended and Ubuntu which needs 4.5GB but 10 to 20GB unusually suggested.
    +1

Also, the BootInfo indicates it is Win98, not Win7.

Beans

Re: Resize Ubuntu partition

Quote Originally Posted by oldfred View Post
    Script says it is a 10GB drive.

How are you booting both Windows 7 which needs more than 10GB, 30 usually recommended and Ubuntu which needs 4.5GB but 10 to 20GB unusually suggested.
    Actually, I am testing it at Virtualbox before doing it on my physical machine. At my Virtualbox machine I have Windows 98 and Ubuntu 12.04 installed in two different partitions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Resize Ubuntu partition

MetalDrummer, you said you have windows 7 and ubuntu 12.04 installed as dual boot isn't it??? as u said?
    but the sda1 has windows 98 detected in it... Im having a bit of confusion of what you are doing.... or maybe you are confused of what u did...
    Just to remind you... virtual box is just a software that installs other os as guest os.. removing virtual box will remove all your guest os too...without affecting your machine.....
    I am # 34550 and # 547844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12