Thread: "GLIBCXX_3.4.15 not found"?

Beans

"GLIBCXX_3.4.15 not found"?

Hey there,

Been trying for a while now to get Magic the Gathering Online to run on my Linux machine. I'm a bit handicapped to this end though by being a bit of a Linux novice.

I've installed gccg and followed the instructions I found here: http://gccg.sourceforge.net/.

However, when I try to launch the game by typing ./Mtg I get the following message:
    /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./ccg_client)
    I can't work out how to get `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' installed. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Beans

Re: "GLIBCXX_3.4.15 not found"?

what version of Ubuntu are you using? it's part of libgcc 4.6+ which means that it should be included in libgcc1 for any version of Ubuntu since Oneiric
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libgcc1

Beans

Thanks for replying. Umm, I'm using version 11.04 as far as I can tell. I'm afraid I'm not quite sure how to make sense of the link you posted

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Having the same issue here with Ubuntu 11.04 also (32 bit), I used to build the same software on my Ubuntu 11.04 build VM and then run it on a set of target Ubuntu 11.04 machines and everything had been fine until now.

The target machine is now coming up with the following messages when I run our software:

Code:
    /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found
    I have updated both machines, but still getting the same issue, I am still trying to figure out why this is happening, as I don't use any PPA's on these machines.

Both the build machine and target machine have the exact same version of libstdc++6 installed and libstdc++6-4.5-dev so this shouldn't be happening.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Sorry, it's working now and I don't really know what caused it, but I cleared out my build directory and checked out my source again and rebuilt the app, and everything was fine.