Thread: little networking help if you please ;) (pptp,nat)

Beans

Smile little networking help if you please ;) (pptp,nat)

Hi

I followed this guide

http://www.larmeir.com/2010/03/setti...an-and-ubuntu/

I completed all the steps only changing the user details and the internal and external ip addresses (I tried both an unused ip on my routers current range and a different local network ip range)

so far the pptp server works like a charm I am able to connect in from an external address and ping the device as if it were on the network under both ip addresses but I just can't get external internet access from the connected device.

I guess the guide is a little old but is there anything that has changed or any suggestions on what I can do to get internet access working ?

(I also installed the optional bind9 and tried going to a website direct via ip address with no luck)

Thank you
    Last edited by Shadowstripe; June 22nd, 2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: additional information

Beans

Re: little networking help if you please ;) (pptp,nat)

after several hours I figured out its something to do with the vpn connecting using that machine as a gateway and not the router or something anyway given up on it and given machine back he will have to be happy with just ubuntu installed on it