Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12.10 Daily June 21 Install

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: 12.10 Daily June 21 Install

Forgot to mention, only 1 Update was held back. Just FYI.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans

Re: 12.10 Daily June 21 Install

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    I'm still getting nowhere on 21 June install. I can't get by the Change to set file sistem type and root partition. Looked at the previous posts in this thread and didn't understand what to do.

Jerry
    If you can't select from the combo box drop downs then you can do this way -
    Go to the 'try ubuntu' first

Then switch to Adwaita theme which isn't affected & all dropdowns are available
    Using the Adwaita theme is a live session will provide you with some fun & games but I'm sure you can figure out

You can switch from a terminal with this, (note that after the switch a terminal will be black with black text.
    Code:
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita
    Just tried & had no issues with set up, ect.

Beans
    Distro

Well after this morning updates I am now able to get into my file folders without using terminal. Still a lot of items not working off the dash but getting there.
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: 12.10 Daily June 21 Install

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    If you can't select from the combo box drop downs then you can do this way -
    Go to the 'try ubuntu' first

Then switch to Adwaita theme which isn't affected & all dropdowns are available
    Using the Adwaita theme is a live session will provide you with some fun & games but I'm sure you can figure out

You can switch from a terminal with this, (note that after the switch a terminal will be black with black text.
    Code:
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface gtk-theme Adwaita
    Just tried & had no issues with set up, ect.
    mc4man, Thanks much!
    It works! Some things I have to mouse over to read them but I was actually able to get 22 June to install.

Now booting the installed system of course drop downs are still incompetent see:
    [Bug 1015497] Re: Cannot select gtk dropdown list value in multiple applications: ubiquity, landscape client

so even simple things like the System Settings > Appearance can't drop down to Pictures.

A real pain was setting up wireless WPA finally fumbled through the various setups to find one that didn't need drop down.

Jerry

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    mc4man, Thanks much!
    It works! Some things I have to mouse over to read them but I was actually able to get 22 June to install.

Now booting the installed system of course drop downs are still incompetent see:
    [Bug 1015497] Re: Cannot select gtk dropdown list value in multiple applications: ubiquity, landscape client

so even simple things like the System Settings > Appearance can't drop down to Pictures.

A real pain was setting up wireless WPA finally fumbled through the various setups to find one that didn't need drop down.

Jerry
    Hi Jerry, Today's update now fixes that. Working good here at this time.
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: 12.10 Daily June 21 Install

Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    Hi Jerry, Today's update now fixes that. Working good here at this time.
    Yes, today's update fixed it.
    Verified by booting 22 June today's i386 Daily build, the live "Try Ubuntu" drop down menus no workee. Did sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade on the live then shortly thereafter drop downs O.K., could do the install "something else" which needs drop downs to work.

Of course, on booting, the installed image wouldn't do drop downs until the update & upgrade. Fine now.

Did the same verification on amd64, live drop downs wouldn't, update & upgrade, now install "something else" worked fine. For an Alpha.

And the installed amd64 drop downs wouldn't until update & upgrade, now I can set external monitor resolution, set wireless WPA security, select wallpaper from Pictures, everything I've tried.

Bug #1015497 has some more explanation about upstream etc.

Good go, Jerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12