Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A and UX32VD

Beans

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A and UX32VD

Woo I've been rocking 13.04-Gnome on the ux31a for a week now and it's a dream machine. Everything worked out of the box, but i'm curious, does anyone use additional drivers? Is it beneficial? Possible? Because none are listed in the additional drivers tab.

Also I do have two minor quirks with this setup. Lack of dpi scaling :/ I can set default zooms and larger text and stuff, but it's not a true solution because chrome tabs are still tiny slivers, window buttons are tiny, etc. :/ And the trackpad driver could be better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

If its showing additional drivers, my recommendation would be to install them for better performance.

Beans

peter rus, you are AWESOME!!! This also works on ASUS Q500A without any modifications to the instructions (refering to post #73). Now to dig around for touchscreen support.
    Last edited by revscafe; June 6th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A and UX32VD

Edit :
    I'm just an idiot :-) : I'have accidently lock my touchpad with the fn key..
    Last edited by 2xyo; June 16th, 2013 at 05:39 AM.

Beans

Just a fair bit of a warning for those tempted by the gnome3-staging PPA on raring, at least when using gnome-shell (not tested with unity): there are some issues at least with the UX32VD. The two main issues I found were the following:
    - Wifi and Bluetooth are disabled when resuming from suspend to ram/disk (Shell applet says "not available", using rfkill does not help, and they only become available after a reboot)
    - Shutdown, reboot, suspend, hibernate and close session do not work when called from the Shell user menu. They kill gnome-settings-daemon (the main visible effect is that icon, gtk and shell themes revert to the default ones) but don't do anything else. It works from command line though (and you may want to create launcher for PM commands).

These problems seem to come from gnome-settings-daemon and I have reported bugs about them.

Beans

I have an AsusK55 and I have got Ubuntu 13.04 in a dual system with Windows 8. This computer is Ivybridge and everything works really well, the hardest thing was working out how to get my install of Ubuntu to work, when I worked it out I wrote a tutorial and put on this forum, Matt moved it to the tutorials section.

Beans

I was trying some power saving options on UX32VD as suggested on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/As..._Optimizations.
    I added
    pcie_aspm=force drm.vblankoffdelay=1 i915.semaphores=1in /etc/defualt/grub

But here is output of my update-grub command

/usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 36: /etc/default/grub: drm.vblankoffdelay=1: not found

Any idea what is going wrong?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

just as a heads up..
    i installed ubuntu on my ux32vd's internal ssd. and after 4 months the internal ssd died. sent it in for repair and they replaced the motherboard. im no longer using the internal ssd for anything. when it was dead the whole computer was excruciatingly slow. took 2 minutes just to enter bios. 11 minutes to boot windows. it started with a lot of DMA READ errors. and then it died.
    you have been warned.

i had trim and snazzy ssd stuff enabled. but if you have some insight. please go ahead

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

With the Zenbook I just add acpios=Windows 2012 as described in the Wiki, enable ssd trim and that takes care of my brightness and ssd issues. I use the latest Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS which adds nvidia optimus support right during install and it works swell. For power savings nothing works like TLP from www.linrunner.de

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by praveen2600 View Post
    I was trying some power saving options on UX32VD as suggested on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/As..._Optimizations.
    I added
    pcie_aspm=force drm.vblankoffdelay=1 i915.semaphores=1in /etc/defualt/grub

But here is output of my update-grub command

/usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 36: /etc/default/grub: drm.vblankoffdelay=1: not found

Any idea what is going wrong?
    Same here

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast