Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Beans

Re: UX21A BIOS 216 bug?

Quote Originally Posted by nexero View Post
    Hey guys,
    Just played with BIOS settings of UX21A v.216 and I think I found a bug:
    Go to advanced settings tab -> pre-allocated VRAM -> set it to 512 MByte
    Now xev doesn't show any keystrokes on Fn combos !!! Changing brightness is also horrible slow.
    This does not occur with other settings (64,128,256).

Can somebody confirm this on UX31A or UX32VD?
    Please also report your BIOS version and model number!

Might be worth an entry to the wiki...
    v217 BIOS was released a few days ago.

Also @nexero could you run a test for me? As I said above my wifi goes incredibly slow when a VGA and HDMI monitor are BOTH plugged in. Any chance you could see if this happens for you?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by charlie0440 View Post
    v217 BIOS was released a few days ago.
    Well, do you have a source? There is no version 217 in http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/BIOS/UX-Serie/ or http://support.asus.com/download/dow...px?model=UX21A ...

[...] VGA and HDMI monitor are BOTH plugged in. Any chance you could see if this happens for you?
    I'm sorry, I can't do that: I do not own a monitor or TV with VGA input option...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nexero View Post
    Well, do you have a source? There is no version 217 in http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/BIOS/UX-Serie/ or http://support.asus.com/download/dow...px?model=UX21A ...

I'm sorry, I can't do that: I do not own a monitor or TV with VGA input option...
    typo: v218 released 20/2/13 (UX31A):

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...px?model=UX31A

Beans

Since I own a UX21A, it's not for me.
    But indeed, changelog is interesting.
    Have you had similar problems with a prior BIOS version on UX31A?

Beans

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Mine came with 212 and the first thing I did was update to 216. Haven't upgraded to 218 yet.

Beans

Mine came with 212 and the first thing I did was update to 216. Haven't upgraded to 218 yet.
    So would you mind, test this misbehavior prior and after upgrading?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by peter rus View Post
    What are you guys experiences with external monitors? Both VGA and HDMI turn on instantly, but they turn off the internal monitor. Ubuntu's 'Displays' configuration dialog also doesn't show the internal monitor anymore.

Unplugging the external monitors don't turn the internal monitor on. The wiki says:

This does not seem to work for me.
    This is a bug if you boot with an external monitor plugged in. First boot, then plug the monitor in, and all is OK. This is fixed in upstream kernels.

Beans

My UX31A just got bricked today. I shut it down, and when I try to turn it on, only the power led turns on. The screen is blank, even the "ASUS" logo does not show. Caps-lock also does not respond, so I think it is a UEFI problem and not a screen problem.

I just updated the kernel today to quantal-updates latest 3.5.0.26.32. I don't think that it is related, but I'm posting it here to see if other people are having the same problem.

Udi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I have issues with the new kernel too. Mine goes past BIOS and shows grub, though, so I was able to select an old kernel and boot. Could however somehow be related to the fact that the crappy SSD that's bolted to the motherboard died.
    Last edited by Jonne; March 21st, 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by udifuchs View Post
    My UX31A just got bricked today. I shut it down, and when I try to turn it on, only the power led turns on. The screen is blank, even the "ASUS" logo does not show. Caps-lock also does not respond, so I think it is a UEFI problem and not a screen problem.

I just updated the kernel today to quantal-updates latest 3.5.0.26.32. I don't think that it is related, but I'm posting it here to see if other people are having the same problem.

Udi
    My problem got partially resolved. A day later I tried booting the computer again and it worked on the second try. I tried shuting down again and after a few tries it boots again. I guess it is a hardware issue. I'll have to avoid shuting down my computer . . . for ever.

Udi

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast