Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Beans

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Quote Originally Posted by khuon View Post
    I was originally using it but I had deleted the script. Still no joy on the USB port.
    Ah-hah! I figured it out. I had also installed laptop-mode-tools and that included a pm-runtime module which was defaulted to enabled. I have disabled it and my external USB ports are once again active. Thanks, nexero.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Backlight function keys Fn+F5 & Fn+F6 have been fixed

I have this laptop at my office running Ubuntu 12.04, it has no issues and I get good battery life after installing Jupiter as well as eeepc module from there. The Zenbooks have SHE enabled in their bios like the ASUS netbooks and therefore greatly benefits when eeepc mode is enabled by Jupiter which makes SHE functional on this model.

Beans

I've got a slightly odd problem that I'm hoping someone might be able to help with.
    I've got a Zenbook Prime UX32A (hybrid storage, integrated graphics), running 12.10. Everything works fine, except:
    On boot, the screen is blank. However, the machine boots successfully, and I get the login noise. I can connect an external monitor to the HDMI port and get video output to the external monitor (as if dual screening). Once logged in, if I access display settings, then turn the internal monitor off and on again, it starts working, and continues to do so until I reboot (even if I detach the HDMI, even if I suspend). However, after each reboot I must repeat the process.

As anyone else experienced/fixed this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by khuon View Post
    Ah-hah! I figured it out. I had also installed laptop-mode-tools and that included a pm-runtime module which was defaulted to enabled. I have disabled it and my external USB ports are once again active. Thanks, nexero.
    Just as a followup to this. After disabling pm-runtime altogether, I had issues with the battery capacity not being properly reported. I went back and modified the script listed in the wiki but I modified it to ignore subsystem usb as well. This got my USB ports working and fixed the battery reporting issue.

Beans

Have any of you guys with a UX21a have had any problems with the screen flickering to black, and staying black sometimes - having to put the computer to sleep and wake it up (sometimes multiple times) to get the screen back?

Seems like everyone with a UX32a is having the black screen problem, so maybe you've had this problem in the past too, and if so, how did you solve it?

Beans

I've a problem with my USB ports.
    It does not recognize any of my USB devices, I tried all the solutions in this topic and still my UX31A cannot see any of these.
    However, when I open Shotwell, my USB ports start working as read-only devices with a error like this "Unable to mount FLASHDISK - Device /dev/sdc1 is already mounted at `/media/usb0'. " I also tried workarounds in web, like automounter.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey guys,

I'm running Kubuntu 12.04
    Code:
    Linux 3.2.0-32-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 21:33:09 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Unforunately I can't use the right click mouse button
    I can't believe this hasn't been fixed officially in the linux kernels...but when I go into my KDE system settings I get the following picture:
    http://ubuntuone.com/4ees8aDdP8EKVLF3J3TRbM

it really annoys me, because I have to use a USB mouse in order to work properly with my Zenbook Prime, but then again it takes up another USB slot

Does anyone know how to fix this issue smoothly?
    thanks

Beans

Hey,

i was trying to install ubuntu 12.10 (64bit) on my ux31a for the last couple of hours. All I could get is the black screen after choosing "try ubuntu" from boot menu. I updated my BIOS to 215 and tried every possible way to add "nomodeset" to the boot parameters. Without success.

Do you have any idea what else I could try? Windows 8 sucks!!

Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maxmann5000 View Post
    Hey,

i was trying to install ubuntu 12.10 (64bit) on my ux31a for the last couple of hours. All I could get is the black screen after choosing "try ubuntu" from boot menu. I updated my BIOS to 215 and tried every possible way to add "nomodeset" to the boot parameters. Without success.
    Hitting the same issue here with a ux31a with Win8 pre-installed. Seeing the same thing with the "check disc for defects" option too.
    All help appreciated. Thanks

UPDATE 1 : So I disabled the Secure Boot option from within the Security BIOS tab and this meant I could boot from my 12.04 and 12.10 live USB. I then ran into issues with the wireless not showing any networks. Running rfkill list showed that the Phy0:Wireless LAN was HardBlocked (depsite the F2 key being lit). I then FN+F2 and rechecked and then it was only Soft Blocked. I then enabled this with sudo rfkill unblock all. I now have a running connected system, albeit in "Try Ubuntu" mode. I shall continue to investigate.END UPDATE 1
    Last edited by Mrs Harris; November 6th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Beans

Thanks for your answer. I'll try that too. Sounds like Win8 machines will cause some more trouble... As I need my Zenbook for work, I'd appreciate if you could update me/us about your further experience.

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast