Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Beans

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

yes, same problem. full upadate with xorg edgers, kernel 3.5.0-10-generic but asus ux31a
    and yes, very annoying. jürgen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm also using xorg edgers, kernel 3.5.0-10-generic and asus ux31a

I've tried kernel 3.5.0-12 but there is no difference with the X crashing... and the touchpad freezes very often....

I'm waiting for weeks for an update from the xorg-edgers but nothing seams to solve this problem...

Is there any way to see what package is cousing the X crash?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yonatany View Post
    If y'all don't mind answering in a way a noob can understand, I have a very similar situation (only my SSD is 128GB) -- I wish to retain the current partition structure, with the only change being the main Windows partition shrunk to accommodate an Ubuntu installation (optimally, I'd like some 15-20GB for a system partition, and ~30GB for my /home partition).
    Now, this might pose somewhat of a problem, because ASUS put their recovery partition at the end of the device, and made it a primary partition. This means that there's no room for a extended partition on the drive, and I must make every Linux partition primary as well (I have no clue whether 4 is still a limit for primary partitions, or if that's a thing of the past).

In any event, I'm having difficulty installing GRUB correctly. I didn't quite follow that article about arc-linux and GRUB for EUFI, and I don't want to mess anything up by telling Ubuntu to install GRUB on the EUFI partition.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to make this work? I don't want to make Windows my main boot choice, but I'm running out of options.
    Hey Guys,

I too would love to know a bit more about this before probably killing half my day trying to get things to work again. What would be really helpful is a tutorial of some kind. I'll be happy to write this. I've done a fair amount of reading regaring UEFI and GPT, but I'm still not comfortable enough to jump in. I too have the 128 GB SSD, so for me, either shrinking a partition or completely removing would be a great step.

However, removal of the Windows partitions means I have to be sure that I can restore Windows if need be. I have created the recovery ISOs, but my experience in the past has been that one has to restore partitions to their original states before "restoring" using the factory default disks.

Any light you guys could shed on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I've read pretty much 90% of the thread as well as the Arch installation guide.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

So has anyone found out whats new in the 211 bios? Any point updating ?
    I havent even installed newer than 206.. (if it aint broke, dont fix it)

Beans

Hi,

I'm a new Forum and Ubuntu user, and I've tried to install it in my UX31A but with no effect... Every time I install it from a USB pendrive, when it restart, I only get a boot menu if the USB pendrive is still connected.

I've search in this topic for answers for my problems, and can find a guy with the same problem, but can't find the answers I need.

I know I have to install the 64 bits version, and have tried it, but the problem keeps in there.

I want to keep the Windows installed, so when I'm installing Ubuntu, I choose the option to have both systems, but then there is no boot menu, and when I choose to create manually the partitions, the problem is still there... Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone please help?

Sorry for some bad English, I'm Portuguese. Thanks...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rjma View Post
    Hi,

I'm a new Forum and Ubuntu user, and I've tried to install it in my UX31A but with no effect... Every time I install it from a USB pendrive, when it restart, I only get a boot menu if the USB pendrive is still connected.

I've search in this topic for answers for my problems, and can find a guy with the same problem, but can't find the answers I need.

I know I have to install the 64 bits version, and have tried it, but the problem keeps in there.

I want to keep the Windows installed, so when I'm installing Ubuntu, I choose the option to have both systems, but then there is no boot menu, and when I choose to create manually the partitions, the problem is still there... Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Can anyone please help?

Sorry for some bad English, I'm Portuguese. Thanks...
    Have you tried to install grub?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by madmack View Post
    I tried but failed. Touchegg requires the evdev driver and if you force this instead of the synaptic driver, the trackpad has no response at all.
    I tried it with fluxbox with the synaptics driver and there it worked, it's just in unity that no gestures are recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by JCM_Pico View Post
    I'm experiencing this X crashes randomly with must of application - Chrome, Gimp, filemanager, a fresh start of the X.... And I'm getting really frustrated, I keep loosing part of my work and its really annoying...
    Is there any way to workaround this? Is there someone else with this problem?

disabling gpu accelerated rendering in browser does nothing to this =(
    I had a similar problem, X freezed when I closed the lid and opened it again. Suspending when closing the lid was disabled. I had to switch to a virtual terminal and restart lightdm to get it working again. After a full reinstall and dist-upgrade of ubuntu 12.04 this doesn't happen at the moment. The reason could be that I'm using the default kernel. I am going to test that.
    Before the reinstall of ubuntu, I temporarily used xorg-edgers, but ppa-purged it after a while. Could also be that something wasn't removed and caused the crash.

Beans

Has anyone actually connected a hdmi monitor with 1920x1080 resolution to the UX32V (or any other 3x series)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by peter rus View Post
    Has anyone actually connected a hdmi monitor with 1920x1080 resolution to the UX32V (or any other 3x series)
    I have connected the TV (1920x1080) with HDMI on the ux31A. It worked without problems.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SuppoTaalasmaa View Post
    So has anyone found out whats new in the 211 bios? Any point updating ?
    I havent even installed newer than 206.. (if it aint broke, dont fix it)
    BIOS 214 available here:
    http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/BIOS/UX-...X31AAS.214.zip

No changelog available.

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast