Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

I'm experiencing some weird stuff with usb mouses (I've tried several)... if I stop using them for a few seconds they stop working, and I need to click for them to start moving and working again....
    Have any one experienced this in the ASUS UX31?

Code:
    3.2.0-27-generic #43-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 6 14:25:57 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    using kubuntu...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fab.head View Post
    Updated BIOS files for the entire Zenbook family - UX21E, UX31E, UX21A, UX31A and UX32VD - are avaialble at the following link:

http://nbtsd.asustreiber.de/BIOS/UX-Serie/
    Do these new BIOS versions contain any useful new features or fix any bugs anyone has experienced?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

More about my mouse... it seams that there is something with the usb ports....

if I connect an usb pen I get this repeatly in dmesg

Code:
    xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: WARN Event TRB for slot 1 ep 0 with no TDs queued?
    With the mouse the thing is similar...
    Every mouse I connect via usb don't respon to movement after inactive for a few seconds (~5s), to make it responsive again I have to click with the usb mouse and then it starts to respond again....

I get this in dmesg when it stops responding

Code:
    [  625.194738] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: PME# enabled
    And I get this when I click and it starts moving again

Code:
    [  663.106257] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: PME# disabled
    [  663.106267] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: setting latency timer to 64
    I don't see anybody talking about this issue here in the forum... Therefore I was expecting some opinion or help in order to be able to solve this...

Beans

I installed everything from xorg-edgers repository (12.04) yesterday. Everything works, except tap to left-click and tap to right-click. If I try to access touchpad in system settings, the dialogue crashes.
    ANybody having the same issues?

Beans

that for, i downgraded xserver-xorg-input-synaptics.

Beans

I installed the xorg-edgers repo and did a dist-upgrade a few hours ago (installed Kernel 3.5.07) and installed the DKMS module provided by nexero. Everything seemed to work except FN+F5/F6. Touchpad working, most FN keys. Then i tried this http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...9&postcount=73 did another dist-upgrade (installed a few drivers) and added nmi_watchdog=0 to boot parameters. I was not able to reboot after that. The CapsLock LED starts and keeps blinking after a few seconds. No harddrive activity. I can still boot the old Kernel 3.2.0-23 though AND i can boot the Kernel 3.5 in recovery mode (everything works but gnome fallback).
    I reverted the changes made to /etc/default/grub and deleted the file that was created in the forum post but it did not get better. What other information do you need to help me?

--Edit:
    Rebooted and it's running. Seems to be pretty random.
    Last edited by jh0ker; August 1st, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No help with the USB thing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi,

I would like to usee unity (not 2D) on my one week old UX31A, but I this means that I cannot use the xorg-edgers ppa (at least not until the 13th July bug is fixed).
    As I still cannot manage the 2fingers tap = right click, is it possible to use the solution mentioned in the UX21E/UX31E (here) and in particular the xorg-server-input-synaptics package created by Chase Douglas here (Chase Douglas' clickpad ppa)?
    I would really like to go back to a zone-based right click.

If that would work, since the package is older than the one currently installed, is there a clever way to install it other than removing the existing one, install the one of the ppa one and hold it back to prevent it from being updated?

Cheers,

MicheleZ

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I found the wiki really, really useful to the point that it was one of the determining factors when deciding whether to buy or not, however I have a suggestion:

WOuld it be possible to add a section on the best practice to partition the hard disk for a ubuntu-only install?

I would be happy to do it, but as I borked mine I am certainly not in the position of giving instructions

Cheers,

MicheleZ

Beans

Hello,

I've recently got myself an UX31A, on which I installed Ubuntu 12.04. I got everything except from brightness control through the FN keys working by installing the dkms package, followed by installing the asus-wmi-dkms_999.01_all.deb package found in the wiki. Installing dkms before asus-wmi-dkms_999.01_all.deb isn't mentioned in the wiki, and I couldn't get the FN keys working without doing it.

If you're trying a reinstall don't forget to
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
    before following the wiki.

I didn't have to use the xorg-edgers PPA or install a newer version of the kernel.
    Code:
    $ uname -a
    Linux pluto 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:39:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Last edited by mpereira1; August 5th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast