Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 383

Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Beans
    65

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Quote Originally Posted by nexero View Post
    I am having limited succes with the brightness script, it seems to react very slowly (delays of 30 seconds sometimes).

    Also added some stuff to the wiki: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/As...ev2=28&rev1=27

    @Nexero, on my Quantal installation your syndaemon -i 1.5 -d -t -K method does not seem to make any difference, I can still move my cursor while typing.
    Last edited by peter rus; July 19th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    42

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Quote Originally Posted by peter rus View Post
    I am having limited succes with the brightness script, it seems to react very slowly (delays of 30 seconds sometimes).

    Also added some stuff to the wiki: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/As...ev2=28&rev1=27

    @Nexero, on my Quantal installation your syndaemon -i 1.5 -d -t -K method does not seem to make any difference, I can still move my cursor while typing.
    Since it disables tapping only (switch -t Only disable tapping and scrolling, not mouse movements, in response to keyboard activity. Have a look an syndaemon's manpage for reference.) this is a regular behavior.

    Indicator Brightness is working very well for me, a little delay of 1 or 2 seconds seems to be normal... but 30 seconds?! Are you using precise or quantal? I used this with 12.04 only...

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Beans
    5

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Any ideas how to fix the keyboard brightness fn keys in Xubuntu, works fine in ubuntu after the hotkey fix.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Beans
    137

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Quote Originally Posted by rockprincess View Post
    also, which of these kernels shall i install?
    i'm running kubuntu 12.04 (x86_64 bit) with 3.2.0-26-generic
    Kernel 3.4.6 mainline is now available here.

    I've just installed it and it seems to work fine.
    Last edited by fab.head; July 20th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Beans
    2

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    I received my UX21A today. I installed xorg-edgers and kernel 3.4.6 as described in this thread. Everything I tested works fine... I think

    Except one thing that is a show-stopper for me: I often touch the lower "button area" of the touchpad without clicking on it. If I then try to use another finger to move the cursor, it does not move. I expected the cursor to move even while touching the "button area", just like any other touchpad with hardware buttons.

    I read a couple of times that the "touchpad works" for some of you. Don't you have this problem? Is there any way do shrink the "cursor movement area"? Or maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for any help.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Beans
    137

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Quote Originally Posted by yiiiks View Post
    I received my UX21A today. I installed xorg-edgers and kernel 3.4.6 as described in this thread. Everything I tested works fine... I think

    Except one thing that is a show-stopper for me: I often touch the lower "button area" of the touchpad without clicking on it. If I then try to use another finger to move the cursor, it does not move. I expected the cursor to move even while touching the "button area", just like any other touchpad with hardware buttons.

    I read a couple of times that the "touchpad works" for some of you. Don't you have this problem? Is there any way do shrink the "cursor movement area"? Or maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for any help.
    This is one of the disadvantages of clickpads vs traditional touchpads with separare L+R buttons: the entire surface is touch sensitive, including the area of the left and right buttons.
    If you touch the button area with a finger, and contemprarily touch the clickpad with another finger, the device interprets it as a multi-touch gesture.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Beans
    2

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Thanks for your reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by fab.head View Post
    If you touch the button area with a finger, and contemprarily touch the clickpad with another finger, the device interprets it as a multi-touch gesture.
    Is there any way to control what happens? Since there isn't any gesture detected (as far as I can tell), couldn't the clickpad just continue to use the second touch for movement? Is the multitouch gesture detection magic happening in hardware?

    I tried to limit the "cursor zone" using "synclient AreaBottomEdge=1535". This seems to limit the area for mouse movements to the area above the buttons. At least this prevents small movements while clicking, but doesn't solve my problem. Any idea on how the clickpad behaves on Windows?

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Beans
    137

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Quote Originally Posted by yiiiks View Post
    Thanks for your reply.



    Is there any way to control what happens? Since there isn't any gesture detected (as far as I can tell), couldn't the clickpad just continue to use the second touch for movement?
    Two-finger scrolling is supported, and I've read in another post that also circular scrolling can be enabled.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    22

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    Quote Originally Posted by yiiiks View Post
    Is there any way to control what happens? Since there isn't any gesture detected (as far as I can tell), couldn't the clickpad just continue to use the second touch for movement? Is the multitouch gesture detection magic happening in hardware? (...) Any idea on how the clickpad behaves on Windows?
    I also noticed this problem and it is driving me nuts, the laptop itself is brilliant but all of these tocuhpad issues unfortunately detract from a pleasant user experience :-/

    In any case, I tested the behaviour under Windows and it works correctly there -- the "resting" finger is ignored as you'd expect and as it happens in MacOSX for example. The problem is definitely on the software side, in the driver (most likely xserver-xorg-input-synaptics would be the package).

    Actually, the driver already supports the right behaviour, which happens whenever you click and drag -- then it rightfully ignores the "touch" from the clicking finger. So it's only a matter of extending it to the "tap" as well.

    Is there a ticket open about this already so we can add to it? If not we should open one...

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Beans
    29
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

    How does one decrease the timeout for syndaemon to unfreeze the keyboard after the trackpad is touched? By default, it is 2 seconds, but I'd like to lower it to 0.5 seconds. I read elsewhere that one can add

    Code:
    syndaemon -i 0.5 -K -R -t
    to the list of startup applications. I have done this, but the delay is still 2 seconds. It appears that I now have two instances of syndaemon running. This is confirmed by typing

    Code:
    $ ps -ef | grep syndaemon
    user      1865  1821  0 11:22 ?        00:00:00 syndaemon -i 2.0 -K -R -t
    user      1866     1  0 11:22 ?        00:00:00 syndaemon -i 0.5 -K -R -t
    user      2401  2340  0 11:24 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto syndaemon
    Any ideas about how to get around this problem?
    Last edited by Thucydides411; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:12 AM.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •