Thread: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Asus Zenbook Prime UX21A issues

Quote Originally Posted by portedGoblin View Post
    Hello,

Asus UX31A.
    New linux user here. I follow the guide here to get the function keys to work. After I do the xorg-edgers repositor step I end up with this error

http://i.imgur.com/ylVzk.jpg

The icons for the launcher disappear. Also the icons for when you alt tab is gone. Everything seems to work still though.
    This was on a fresh 12.04 install. It happened before also, but then I did not know what exactly caused it so I re installed Ubuntu and this time found what it was.

I have checked that the unity plugin was working in compizconfig-settings-manager and tried unity --reset. That didn't work, I dont think it is the same problem since the buttons seems to be there still.
    I have this same problem. It began a few days ago, after an update from the xorg-edgers ppa. Is it possible to ppa-purge xorg-edgers and still have my function keys and input work?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have a general question: Have any of you updated your Zenbook to the latest available firmware? Is it necessary? What are the benefits/what has improved or changed?

Beans

My Zenbook came with Bios 204 and I updated it to 206. Now I have installed 209 on it. I could not find any differences between the last two one, but I only used 206 for a very short term.

Beans

Recently ran into a different issue after having run "apt-get upgrade".

Now, if the display goes into power save mode, and I touch the touchpad or keyboard the display does not come back on, but the keyboard backlight does.

This isn't when the computer goes to sleep, just when the display turns off after timeout.

I can switch to the console and the display wakes up, but that's the only thing that seems to work right now.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.
    Last edited by patso23; July 16th, 2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: mistyped

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by portedGoblin View Post
    Hello,

Asus UX31A.
    New linux user here. I follow the guide here to get the function keys to work. After I do the xorg-edgers repositor step I end up with this error

http://i.imgur.com/ylVzk.jpg

The icons for the launcher disappear. Also the icons for when you alt tab is gone. Everything seems to work still though.
    This was on a fresh 12.04 install. It happened before also, but then I did not know what exactly caused it so I re installed Ubuntu and this time found what it was.

I have checked that the unity plugin was working in compizconfig-settings-manager and tried unity --reset. That didn't work, I dont think it is the same problem since the buttons seems to be there still.
    I fixed that by changing to Unity 2D.
    "Há nos confins da Ibéria um povo que nem se governa nem se deixa governar"
    Gaius Julius Caesar (100-44 AC)

Beans

In case people having trouble with palm detection (preventing the mouse from jumping around while typing)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...4&postcount=67

Beans

@peter rus:
    the missing palm detection wasn't a problem for me, but that solution works perfect.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by peter rus View Post
    In case people having trouble with palm detection (preventing the mouse from jumping around while typing)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...4&postcount=67
    Works for me too, thanks!
    But now tapping isn't quite good anymore... :-/

I recently updated Wiki for power optimizations.

Happy testing

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nexero View Post
    Works for me too, thanks!
    But now tapping isn't quite good anymore... :-/

I recently updated Wiki for power optimizations.

Happy testing
    Thanks, what is the best/standard way of disabling keyboard backlight via software/setting/config in ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey guys,

I still have an issue with the touchpad.
    Right Click and Scrolling sideways is still not working for me, i have tried all the tricks from the wiki page.
    I have the ElanTech Touchpad apparently.

Even the script isn't always working for me, and when it does work for me, the next time I boot it's gone again, so rightclick is not boot resistent for me.

Any ideas or clues?

I have run all the updates, that were available with apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast