Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally Sweet Idea, An Userfriendly OS

Beans

Smile Totally Sweet Idea, An Userfriendly OS

Let me start without saying i get wet dreams when thinking of working OS.

U see there is some functionality missing just because it doesn't fit on 700MB cd disc. But cd is dead, c'mon mini dvd-rw (8cm) 1,4Gb is way better and boots faster and doesn't make that much noise when spinning in drive.

Okay and then there is missing functionality with basic operations when you get ERROR messages something like "you don't have right's do access or do something". Can this broken code be removed and replaced with working, when we have more space for the iso?
    Delete all the user right limits and make it solid and reliable tool.

Mandriva Linux used to come with all the drivers. Seems like good idea when we have more space for them.
    --------

I bring you and example from Windows world. Friend of mine drove 400 miles to me, so i would fix the notebook that didn't load some webpages like facebook, gmail, skype. He wasn't able to add friends to skype. It took from me whole day to figure it out.

There is some safety feature with internet connection certificates that doesn't work when clock is wrong (bios battery is empty). Now every time she needs to set windows time, then all this works. She was gonna buy new computer and took 5 year loan for it. Saefty is just method to scam money out from you and flood your brain cells with mercury.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Totally Sweet Idea, An Userfriendly OS

What?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    What?
    When ?
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by matt_symes View Post
    When ?
    33 minutes ago.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thread closed. {Silliness}.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
    I bring you and example from Windows world. Friend of mine drove 400 miles to me, so i would fix the notebook that didn't load some webpages like facebook, gmail, skype. He wasn't able to add friends to skype. It took from me whole day to figure it out.

There is some safety feature with internet connection certificates that doesn't work when clock is wrong (bios battery is empty). Now every time she needs to set windows time, then all this works. She was gonna buy new computer and took 5 year loan for it. Saefty is just method to scam money out from you and flood your brain cells with mercury.
    It would be much cheaper to simply replace the bios battery.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Efficiency. User friendly. Safety. These are sometimes conflicting goals.

Different Linux-distros make different trade offs. Any Linux-distro can be tweaked toward the user's preferences. You mention Mandriva. Surely you know of Mint that comes with more codecs preinstalled and have dvd install media.

If you have good ideas, or want to see other persons ideas, look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brainstorm/ . (Here some popular and very reasonable ideas: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/most_popular_6_months/ ). Be prepared to divide your vision into separate features that can be expressed clearly.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder1 View Post
    Thread closed. {Silliness}.
    I would have thought you where right (turns out not to be the case however).

Beans

There is a large variety of distros for Al-Qaeda terrorists, nuclear scientists, child abusers.

Usual poor folks just need free OS for internet surfing, to make money transfers, communicate, print.

There you are in your own home network, with your own usb drive, dealing with your own files. And OS trying to control using your own printer or what may you do with your own files and data drives and what network locations may you access.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    It would be much cheaper to simply replace the bios battery.
    No kidding, yes ofc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast