Thread: Adobe Illustrator Logo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Adobe Illustrator Logo

I had a logo made for my website from elance however they gave me an adobe illustrator file. I was hoping for an adobe psd file that I can open in gimp. I understand that inkscape opens .ai files however i don't understand vectors. I want to be able to remove the white background and save my logo as a .png to keep transparency

Any suggestions?

Beans

Re: Adobe Illustrator Logo

Quote Originally Posted by emoguitarist06 View Post
    I had a logo made for my website from elance however they gave me an adobe illustrator file. I was hoping for an adobe psd file that I can open in gimp. I understand that inkscape opens .ai files however i don't understand vectors. I want to be able to remove the white background and save my logo as a .png to keep transparency

Any suggestions?
    There's nothing terribly difficult about selecting an object and pressing Del to remove it

But I could do it for you.
    Libre Graphics World — news and articles on free design and photography software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks, because I have no clue how to do this. When I open the .ai file in inkscape the logo already has a white background. It's easy to move around the objects themselves of the logo but I can't remove the background.

Here's my file

EDIT: removed filed
    Last edited by emoguitarist06; June 18th, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Nevermind! Inkscape forums helped me! I selected all (which didn't select the background) and exported selection as bitmap to png and now I have my logo with a transparent background