Thread: opera browser

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

opera browser

I have tried to get support for this on the opera website but because of the problem i have I cannot join the site.

I have just recently downloaded opera 12 browser. The problem I am having is that when I go to any of my websites which require me to sign in with a user name Opera selects a the wrong choice and the only way i can input the user name i want to use is to delete the cookies for the page. As an example if i type u since usa was once used by Firefox in an address USA will come up as a choice and i cannot type anything else in.

Any help is appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: opera browser

I have tried to get support for this on the opera website but because of the problem i have I cannot join the site.
    I would use another browser to sign in to Opera. It's probably a simple fix.
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I tried that with Firefox but FF would not display all the boxes needed to sign up. I guess I'll have to borrow someone's laptop and use IE.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by scottym View Post
    I tried that with Firefox but FF would not display all the boxes needed to sign up. I guess I'll have to borrow someone's laptop and use IE.

Thanks
    I went there on FF and was able to read forum/support questions and answers. I didn't try to register.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Crazy idea... How about using the synaptic package manager and completely uninstalling both FireFox and Opera and then reboot then come back and re-install again. Possible bad install?

Beans
    Distro

Crazy idea...
    Opera 12 is still in beta isn't it? Still buggy. It isn't in my synaptic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Opera 12.0 is available in finished form. The problem I have is with the auto fill form feature which someone on BMWST.com suggested could be the problem. Turns out he was right. Once I disabled that feature everything has worked just fine.

I don't know why FF wouldn't load the "are you a human" box when I was trying to join the Opera forum. I have been using my FF for years without any problems, it is just to slow for a 56k connection so I thought I would give Opera a try. For those of you on slower connections Opera is a faster browser.

Thanks for the help everyone.