Thread: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems

Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems! However after I then installed the Latest ATI Device Driver from Software Center and Re-Booted Ubuntu, the problem has now gone away. Just fyi.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems!

Quote Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
    Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems! However after I then installed the Latest ATI Device Driver from Software Center and Re-Booted Ubuntu, the problem has now gone away. Just fyi.
    Forgot to mention that my Video Card is an ATI Radeon X300 on a 2005 Dell Dimension 8400 running both X86 Windows XP Service Pack 3 and X86 Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 1 (with all possible Updates installed excluding the 47 Updates that are being held back and the error with XDiagnose 2.7).
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems!

I install synaptic, set ubuntu partner repository on, update off (update has been very good at destroying my installs) then refresh.

Synaptic installed flashplugin-installer just fine, this is a fresh install from today's 16 June i386.iso. BBC video running as usual.
    Acer Aspire 1 netbook with Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller

Also installed flashplugin with synaptic yesterday on Compaq Presario tower ATI radeon xpress 200. Videos normal.

Installed flashplugin with synaptic a couple days ago on IBM notebook with ATI RV200 [Radeon Mobility 7500].

My wide screen notebook Acer Aspire 5253 ATI Radeon 6310 is having fits with the FGRLX driver (if I've got that spelled right) screen res problems, external monitor problems, systems settings Display crashes, but the flashplugin installed with synaptic is doing videos as usual.

Now I'm no fan of the Software Center and based on your input I won't try flashplugin from there. I've a solution that works (so far). Also I'm following some bugs in quantal which I wrote or affects me.

Among other things I use synaptic to remove linux header files which occasionally get left from an update. 112K bytes or so, check for exact levels of packages, etc.

Jerry

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems!

Yeah well I have a Very Limited Amount of GB's Allowed Per Month (2GB's on the Verizon Wireless IPhone 4S Personal Hotspot and 10 GB's on the Verizon Wireless 551L 4G LTE USB Modem) so I can only afford to Download the Milestone Builds (Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Beta 1, Beta 2, RC, and RTW) Only!

Beans
    Distro

Yeah well I have a Very Limited Amount of GB's Allowed Per Month (2GB's on the Verizon Wireless IPhone 4S Personal Hotspot and 10 GB's on the Verizon Wireless 551L 4G LTE USB Modem) so I can only afford to Download the Milestone Builds (Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Beta 1, Beta 2, RC, and RTW) Only!
    P.S. I am all ready over on both Devices, by the way! Just fyi.

Beans

Re: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems!

Flash Aid for Firefox works just as well on 12.10 as it does on 12.04

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrylamos View Post
    I install synaptic, set ubuntu partner repository on, update off (update has been very good at destroying my installs) then refresh.

Synaptic installed flashplugin-installer just fine, this is a fresh install from today's 16 June i386.iso. BBC video running as usual.
    Acer Aspire 1 netbook with Intel Corporation N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller

Also installed flashplugin with synaptic yesterday on Compaq Presario tower ATI radeon xpress 200. Videos normal.

Installed flashplugin with synaptic a couple days ago on IBM notebook with ATI RV200 [Radeon Mobility 7500].

My wide screen notebook Acer Aspire 5253 ATI Radeon 6310 is having fits with the FGRLX driver (if I've got that spelled right) screen res problems, external monitor problems, systems settings Display crashes, but the flashplugin installed with synaptic is doing videos as usual.

Now I'm no fan of the Software Center and based on your input I won't try flashplugin from there. I've a solution that works (so far). Also I'm following some bugs in quantal which I wrote or affects me.

Among other things I use synaptic to remove linux header files which occasionally get left from an update. 112K bytes or so, check for exact levels of packages, etc.

Jerry
    Update: I decided to try out ZSync and see if it works, this is the first time that I was able to figure out how it works, downloading now, 75.9% of Alpha 1 is still unchanged!
    Last edited by kevpan815; June 18th, 2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: missing a space between the words update and I.

Beans
    Distro

Update: I decided to try out ZSync and see if it works, this is the first time that I was able to figure out how it works, downloading now, 75.9% of Alpha 1 is still unchanged!
    Update, ZSync worked, however as soon as the Desktop Installer installed Adobe Flash Player got installed, the Video Problems came back until the installation was finished and the system rebooted, so far so good for now.

Beans
    Distro

Video Problems Continue with the Latest Nightly Build ZSynced from Alpha 1!

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: Installed Adobe Flash from Software Center which then created Video Problems!

Update: Today I installed 12.10 (06-19-2012 Nightly) on my Dell Inspiron 400 Zino HD which has an ATI Radeon 3200 HD Video Card with HDMI Port on the back of the PC, which is plugged into a 20 inch Vizio HDTV using a HDMI Cable, short story, same video problems duing install. I also discovered that it has nothing to do with Adobe Flash Player, because this time I opted out of the Optional Componants during install. Just FYI.