Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

kind of complex...

Beans

i couldent get it to work at first but when i used pop3hot.com i got a link to izymail and when i set that up it all worked fine. thanks for the help.
    http://v3.izymail.com/

Beans

Hi,
    Thanks for the HowTo, unfortunatly, i'm unable to download the package from the terminal.
    This is the message i got :

Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Couldn't find package inetutils-inetd
    And same error for hotway.

Could you help me ?

I started to use Ubuntu a little while ago (actually 2 hours ago), but I already enjoy it. However, i can't figure out what's the problem here. Thanks for your help !
    Last edited by Shoine; April 13th, 2007 at 02:57 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by klytu View Post
    Found an answer in the hotwayd man pages (quoted verbatim):

To set up the additional Hotmail folders, you add a new hotmail account for each one. For example, I have a folder called "Programming" in my Hotmail account. To set it up in Evolution, I created a new Hotmail account using the steps in the howto, but for the username I used my_username@hotmail.com/Programming and named the new account Hotmail-Programming. Next in Evolution I created a mail folder called Programming. Then I set my message filters to send all mail from that new account to the Programming folder: Edit>Message Filters; Add; for search name I typed programming (I don't think it matters what you put there); Under "find items that meet the following criteria" changed "sender" "is" to "source account" "is" using the selection arrows and chose the new account created; under "then" "move to folder" selected the Programming folder I had created in Evolution. Now when I click "Send/Receive" mail from my Hotmail Programming folder is sent to the mail folder Programming in Evolution.

Something I noticed which might not be obvious is that if you want messages you download in Evolution to stay on the Hotmail server so that you can read them later from another location (on the web, for example), you should tick the "Leave messages on server option" when setting up your Hotmail account(s) (Edit>Preferences>Accounts, select an account and click Edit, choose "Receiving Options" tab and tick or clear "Leave messages on server option" as desired). I missed this step when I first set-up Hotmail under Evolution, and when Evolution downloaded my messages it emptied my Hotmail inbox - which is not what I wanted. I had to forward all those messages back to myself in order to access them from the web again.
    Is their any update for hotmail subfolder support or imap support?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks, OP, for writing this HOWTO. Everything works fine for me. Is it possible to delete messages from the server through Evolution or will my inbox just keep growing larger and larger if I don't manage it through the web interface or Outlook Express on the Windows side?

Beans

Thank you for this HOWTO. I am now able to check my Hotmail without having to go through their website.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thanks for the HOWTO. Now i can check my account Thunderbird instead of Evolution. It works perfectly, thnx again.

Beans

I tried thistwice I get message f ailed to read a valid greeting from POP server 127.0.0.1.
    I need to get my hot mail on this Ubuntu system. I just downloaded Ubuntu last weekend. I'll nece use windows on my home system again.

Beans

sorry cat on keyboard . I ment to say I'll never use windows on my home system again.

Beans

I've been using Hotmail through Evolution for months now and today I'm getting a connection refused through 127.0.0.1 message. Did M$uck change something?

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast