Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 498

Thread: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    233
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    After reading this it appears that if a MSN Premium or Live account is in use, no workaround has been found short of the forward mail solution that was posted a couple of pages back, right?

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beans
    316
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Not So. When I use msn for mail I use Livemail. works fine. Update the autoscripts with the freepops updater, no problems. Premium I can't vouch for...
    "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    233
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrill View Post
    Not So. When I use msn for mail I use Livemail. works fine. Update the autoscripts with the freepops updater, no problems. Premium I can't vouch for...
    Thanks Mandrill. Believe it or not, I've got it working without any of the other configuration steps. This is what I configured.....

    INCOMING
    User name = xxx@q.com
    Server name: pop3.live.com
    Use secure connection: SSL Encryption

    OUTGOING
    Server name: smtp.live.com
    User name = xxx@q.com
    Use "Server Requires Authentication": TLS Encryption

    The outgoing server would not work with SSL encryption. I selected TLS and "Server Requires Authentication" for SMTP ( smtp.live.com) and POP with SSL for the incoming server (pop3.live.com).

    By the way, what do you know about Fencewalk and Peck Ya Neck?
    Last edited by ebozzz; February 5th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Beans
    4

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    I am very new to Lenux. I just installed this weekend.
    Where does the pop3hot.com get entered? I tried it in a couple places and it only made it worse. I have it where it received the mail but does not send.I get a message like this,

    Error while performing operation.

    Could not connect to 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    233
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by msharmony2001 View Post
    I am very new to Lenux. I just installed this weekend.
    Where does the pop3hot.com get entered? I tried it in a couple places and it only made it worse. I have it where it received the mail but does not send.I get a message like this,

    Error while performing operation.

    Could not connect to 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
    Did you try the settings that I just posted? Forget about all of the other stuff for a few minutes and give them a try......

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beans
    316
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Ebozzz - I can tell from the settings you showed me that msn premium must be a paid service - in which case you would not need freepops (for that account). However, you would need it for most other web-based email services. The only folks I know of that give you free
    POP access to mail are (usually) your ISP provider, Gmail, or your employer.....something like that.....

    Peace.
    "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States
    Beans
    233
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 15.10 Wily Werewolf

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by mandrill View Post
    Ebozzz - I can tell from the settings you showed me that msn premium must be a paid service - in which case you would not need freepops (for that account). However, you would need it for most other web-based email services. The only folks I know of that give you free
    POP access to mail are (usually) your ISP provider, Gmail, or your employer.....something like that.....

    Peace.
    You're probably right as my ISP, Qwest, provides The Premium/Live Mail accounts through a business arrangement with MSN. What the heck, it works! Thanks for the insight.....

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    20
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Windows Live Hotmail is now using HTTP, so can anyone tell me how to use that in evolution, btw i know this because i downloaded windows live mail on my win install and it told me so XD the new server is http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaS....0.0/sync.aspx
    so yea, http support for evolution???

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beans
    316
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Person_1873 View Post
    Windows Live Hotmail is now using HTTP, so can anyone tell me how to use that in evolution, btw i know this because i downloaded windows live mail on my win install and it told me so XD the new server is http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaS....0.0/sync.aspx
    so yea, http support for evolution???
    I guess you have to decide if you want all the crap that comes with downloading microsoft's version of how THEY want you to do things on a windows box ( hey, Vista's a huge hit, huh?) - or whether you just want to get your Livemail on your Ubuntu box. Don't get me wrong, I use XP pro on my production machine - but with my rules, as far as I can. I have the complete Office for small business suite installed, nice graphics, printers, scanners, external hard drives, media server, large sound system, etc...but I do not, and refuse to have, bloated, resource absorbing, driver conflicting, unnecessary, pseudo-spyware BS crowding up my pc, forced upon me by the manufacturer. I own it, I didn't RENT it from microsoft.

    So, rant over. The guide I have presented will (and does) work very well on Evolution, and most every other mail client I know of, and it even works on Windows. (Without downloading anything - except freepops & a decent mail client, no outlook express!)

    So, again, rant over, have fun. Good Luck. Peace.
    Last edited by mandrill; February 6th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
    "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Beans
    4

    Re: HOWTO: Send and Receive Hotmail through Evolution

    Thank you very much. It works very well now.

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •