Thread: cinnamon not working mint 13

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

cinnamon not working mint 13

hi. i just made a live usb of linux mint 13 cinnamon to install to a partition. it booted fine and the live session had an error of x server not starting so after i clicked ok, it went to gnome fallback or something. it showed me desktop and everything. i installed it anyway assuming it would do this again when i rebooted the system and used it after install from usb. well it didn't. it just drops me to the black screen to type stuff. i am not good with this. just wondering also why i can't even at least use the gnome fallback as it worked on the live media.

cinnamon also seemed to not work with the new snow linux i downloaded as well but it did the same thing to let me use gnome fallback.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: cinnamon not working mint 13

Thread moved to Other OS/Distro Talk.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

maybe you need to install some graphic drivers?

Beans

Cinnamon is still pretty early in development. Maybe try LXDE or XFCE?
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Straight from Linux mint:

Cinnamon is built on Clutter and Gnome 3. It's a modern-looking environment with a traditional and familiar desktop. It features compositing, animations and some unique innovations but it relies on 3D acceleration, lacks some of the features found in Gnome 2 and isn't yet compatible with every graphics card available on the market.
    Cons:

Cinnamon requires 3D acceleration and might not work well for you, depending on your graphics card and/or drivers.
    Cinnamon is brand new and unfortunately not yet as stable as more mature and established desktops such as MATE, KDE or Xfce.
    Cinnamon relies on Gnome 3 and Clutter, which are also both brand new and going through rapid transformations.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced