Hi;

after being away from Ubuntu for some years, I decided to give it a try on my new iMac.

Dualboot, rEFIt... it all works, and appears to be stable. I managed to get the sound working, but there is one thing that bugs me: I canot adjust the screen brightness!

Not only is the screen too bright for comfortable viewing, it also makes the system run too hot! Not so hot that the fans kick in, but far hotter than when I use OSX. And we all know that heat is not beneficial for electronic components.

I searched an tried out various solutions I found on the Internet, to no avail. So I am turning to you people here:

- Anyone ith the same configuration as I have found a solution that works?

It would be sad if I could not use Ubuntu because of this issue, because, I have to admit, Ubuntu 12.04 with the Unity interface compares favourably to OSX when it comes to the the ´look and feel' of it. I need to run Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, so I will keep OSX, but I do not use these applications all the time. For general work, Ubuntu works just fine!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thymen