Thread: Data loss after Hibernation with Truecrypt and SciTE

Beans

Data loss after Hibernation with Truecrypt and SciTE

Hi everyone, this is my first Post here, so maybe I am not in the right place, but since I don't know what the cause of my problem is, General Help seems like a good place to start ...

Now to the problem, like the caption says I had data loss, after I returned from Hibernation. So this is a big problem to me ...

Hardware:
    Netbook Aspire One, Intel Atom

Lubuntu 12.04 (recently updated from 11.10)

What I did, before Hibernation:

I worked on some (Javascript) Textfiles with SciTE on 2 Sessions.
    The files where stored on a mounted TrueCryptContainer (which sourcefile was stored on hd)

Then I made a break and switched to Hibernation.

after Rewakening:

I continued working on a textfile ... and tried to save it:

But then there was a Alert:
    "could not save to " filepath

First I tried saving under a different name -> didn't worked(Alert: "Could not save ..."), but I later found a file with the correct name, but it was empty

Then I tried closing and reopening the file -> didn't worked either.
    Then I tried to dismount the (truecrypt) Volume -> wasn't possible, he claimed that the drive was still buisy and something, was still writing data to it.

Then I closed both SciTE - Sessions -> after that I was able to dismount.

Then I remounted the volume .... and opened the File I lasted worked on, and it was empty!!!

Now I have to find out, where the problem is, or which programm causes the problem, because obviously nobody likes his work getting wasted.
    (sure I am doing backups, but still I don't like wasting my time)

My suspicion list:

TrueCrypt -> never gave me any problems, was allways reliable

Netbook -> possible, because it fell down once, but there hasn't been any other problems with the HD or RAM of any sort

Lubuntu, or Linux Kernel -> possible, but I doubt it

SciTE -> my suspect, I recently updated it. And before there where never any problems

So now I would appreciate your help to solve this problem, since I am kind of a noob with Linux, maybe by pointing me to log-files where I might find more Information, or maybe this is a known Issue?

Beans

Re: Data loss after Hibernation with Truecrypt and SciTE

Nobody?