Thread: All distros - screen no longer recognised

Beans

Unhappy All distros - screen no longer recognised

Ok folks, and here's a weird one: With nothing newly updated on my Ubu 10.04 install (the install i use most often), for some reason, on rebooting, neither Ubu 10.04, Fedora 17, or Debian testing will recognise my monitor anymore (after a good two weeks of happily 'seeing' it). Win 7 still recognises it and displays the correct resolution.

Any idea what may have caused this?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: All distros - screen no longer recognised

Do you get no display, or is it just that the screen shows as unrecognised in the system >display window?
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

Sorry for the delay - i'm on another machine right now - but yes, i get a display, just no longer the native resolution of the monitor (1440x900).

The odd thing is that it is consistent across all three linux boots but not the windows boot. The last thing i did was to remastersys backup my Ubu 10.4 install, and after that all three linux boots 'lost' the native res of the monitor.

Even Grub defaulted back to 640x480(?) but i fixed that back to 1440x900 with Grub-Customiser...

Any ideas? I'm thinking hardware fault.

Beans

---sorry, re the grub res, i changed it in Nano - apologies

Beans

...and on booting the system this morning Hey presto proper resolution again!

Something overheating yesterday perhaps?