Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: PVR-500 ivtv failures since 0.25 upgrade (in April)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: PVR-500 ivtv failures since 0.25 upgrade (in April)

Quote Originally Posted by nPoc View Post
    .26 is not working for me, but I can confirm that the problem I have is no longer the problem originally described in this thread. Now my logs are being flooded with "first frame is no keyframe"
    which PVR-X card? so no recordings are being recorded? you're using mythbuntu repos and .26 activated? are you using ubuntu 12.04.1?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    which PVR-X card? so no recordings are being recorded? you're using mythbuntu repos and .26 activated? are you using ubuntu 12.04.1?
    I have a pvr-250, but I also have a hvr-2250, which doesn't use the ivtv drivers, but seems to have issues of it's own as well *(not sure if they are related).

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I have a pvr-250, but I also have a hvr-2250, which doesn't use the ivtv drivers, but seems to have issues of it's own as well *(not sure if they are related).
    so no recordings are being recorded? you're using mythbuntu repos and .26 activated? are you using ubuntu 12.04.1?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

First off let me say congrats on figuring out your missing ppa problem. I hope things work better for you.

Secondly, I am a developer *(albeit not a mythtv dev), and this is open source. The whole beauty of open source is that I can see the code if I wanted. Sure commenting in a ticket helps devs narrow down the problem, but handing them a fix would be even more helpful. So please don't discourage people from looking at sources.

So next time grab the source, and see if you can give a little help back to the community. Very few devs actually get paid to do this kind of stuff, and ever little bit helps.
    I don't grab sources AFAIK. I just use the gui tools MCC and Update Manager.

I am trying to give feedback, but it is not always obvious to whom I should report it.

Also, I did use MCC to activate the repos, but later Update Manager froze and I never did get the fix. I have created a new post about that. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2091947

John

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    so no recordings are being recorded? you're using mythbuntu repos and .26 activated? are you using ubuntu 12.04.1?
    I'm dual booting a mostly-functioning 11.10 and a less functioning 12.04.1, while I debug 12.04.1. Right now my pvr-250 and hvr-2250 refuse to successfully channel scan, so my mythbox is usually booted into 11.10. Unfortunately the wife is pretty demanding on the dvr, so I don't get too much time to actually debug it.

Beans

I'm dual booting a mostly-functioning 11.10 and a less functioning 12.04.1, while I debug 12.04.1. Right now my pvr-250 and hvr-2250 refuse to successfully channel scan, so my mythbox is usually booted into 11.10. Unfortunately the wife is pretty demanding on the dvr, so I don't get too much time to actually debug it.
    Are you scanning analogue channels - I guess so if you are using a pvr-250. I beleive there has been some change where scanning isn't needed or desirable (or something) on analogue. Sorry to be so vague I don't do analogue.

But anyway, why do you need to scan if you have an existing database? Have the channels changed?

Beans

The existing database is on the other partition, and is for .24. I really wanted to start clean with 12.04.1.

Regardless, I should be able to do an analog channel scan.

Alright let's stop talking about my issue until I have a chance to actually look at it more closely.

Beans

So you are going to throw away your existing recordings, recording history and recording rules? Seems a bit severe. I'll try and find what I saw about analogue scanning. Cheers.

Beans

Maybe I was thinking of this: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../435721#435721

Which would imply it is only relevant to 0.22.

By your (mis)spelling of analogue I am guessing you are in the USA perhaps. Sounds from that same thread that Schedules Direct will set up your analogue without the need to scan.

Beans

Yeah I think the inability to scan is a symptom of something worse. I'll be running the ivtv tools as soon as I get a chance to see if the problem only exists in myth. Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions on good stand alone tuning applications that aren't mythtv?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast