Thread: Upgrade to 12.04LTS on Ratel went fine excpet for this

Beans

Upgrade to 12.04LTS on Ratel went fine excpet for this

Hi.

I just did an upgrade of my system76 Ratel from 11.04 to 12.04 LTS.
    It all went well except for the following.
    After install was finished and the clean up window, came up it listed a whole bunch of none essential items.
    One of them being Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.
    I wanted to keep this so I highligted it in the window and clicked to not remove.
    Well it didn't just not remove Wesnoth but all the other non essential items as well.

So my question is how do I go about cleaning up all the stuff that is still not essential that the cleanup process indicated after upgrade was complete?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Upgrade to 12.04LTS on Ratel went fine excpet for this

Quote Originally Posted by jr223 View Post
    Hi.

I just did an upgrade of my system76 Ratel from 11.04 to 12.04 LTS.
    It all went well except for the following.
    After install was finished and the clean up window, came up it listed a whole bunch of none essential items.
    One of them being Battle for Wesnoth 1.8.
    I wanted to keep this so I highligted it in the window and clicked to not remove.
    Well it didn't just not remove Wesnoth but all the other non essential items as well.

So my question is how do I go about cleaning up all the stuff that is still not essential that the cleanup process indicated after upgrade was complete?

Thanks
    Go ahead and remove it, then reinstall it after the installation is finished. There may be some strange architecture dependency that the installer can't resolve. Software Center should be able to resolve it.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!