Thread: Please strip my ubuntu membership

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Please strip my ubuntu membership

I don't know where else to ask, so I'm asking here. I am no longer "into" computers like I used to be. I am no longer into debating computers, their good or bad. This forum has turned into a circus which I no longer want take part in. Actually, you can keep me an active member of the forums, just take away my membership. It's my way of protesting.

For the longest time, I wanted to be an ubuntu member, but after achieving that, I realized that I don't want to support a community that constantly whines, complains, and just generally wants to debate just for debate sake. I'm getting too old for this junk, and my life has taken me beyond living for ubuntuforums.

There are much more important things in life than worrying about OS's, yet some of you still continue to debate and argue as if your opinion matters. I actually feel sorry for you. Life is much more than computers, and what OS you use.

Another thing. After hanging out on different non-computer related forums, it drives home even more how some of you argue needlessly instead of being respectful and tolerant. The reason I bring this up is because on those other forums, (cars) people don't argue. No whining, no complaining, just good old boys helping each other. A breath of fresh air, really.

Most forums I've been on lately come no where close to the level of childishness and whining that ubuntu forums does. Perhaps the mods should do like other forums do. Oh wait, they don't have to restrict posting styles, because they are civil to begin with. Sad.

Perhaps it's just me, but I can no longer take the "tech" culture. Other things change as much as computers, but I don't hear people complaining 24/7 like I do here.

My life still includes ubuntu/linux, but I will keep it to myself and actually have a life and not post all the time.

It's actually nice to be free from thinking about computers all the time. You'd be amazed at what else there is in the world. There's a lot of good people, and tons of stuff to do.

Like I said, keep my ubuntu forums account in case I want to stop in and say hi, but get rid of my ubuntu membership. Regardless of whether I've deserved it or not is not the question. I no longer feel like an ubuntu member, and no longer want that moniker.

There are other forums where people just accept each other's opinion without offering debate. I choose those. There's nothing to be gained by comparing who's is bigger. Peace.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Please strip my ubuntu membership

Thread moved to Resolution Center.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

ok, I can see you have given this much thought.

You need to deactivate yourself here:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntumembers
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    ok, I can see you have given this much thought.

You need to deactivate yourself here:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntumembers
    Thank you. I might add that I'd like to say thank you to all that supported me during my application process. There are many good people here, and I wish them all the best. Perhaps I will come back from time to time, but for now have lost interest for the reasons I spoke of earlier. Peace.