Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: GNObuntu ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: GNObuntu ?

Quote Originally Posted by jozmak View Post
    I did burn with sudo and it still puts me back to harddrive
    Same here, no joy with the dd command it only creates an non boot-able ISO 9660 image
    I can't get the usb-creator to work either as you can see here:
    usb-creator-gtk crashed, a bad case of catch 22.

Not completely unsolvable though, I had a usb-pen with the Gnome-Shell Remix 12.04 available, I booted into a live session with that one, launched the usb-creator from there,
    selected the Ubuntu Gnome Remix beta iso from my hard-drive and badabing badaboom I had a working bootable Beta usb-pen

Not an ideal solution, but just to find out if the beta iso worked or not, and it does, nothing wrong with the iso

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Same here, no joy with the dd command it only creates an non boot-able ISO 9660 image
    I can't get the usb-creator to work either as you can see here:
    usb-creator-gtk crashed, a bad case of catch 22.

Not completely unsolvable though, I had a usb-pen with the Gnome-Shell Remix 12.04 available, I booted into a live session with that one, launched the usb-creator from there,
    selected the Ubuntu Gnome Remix beta iso from my hard-drive and badabing badaboom I had a working bootable Beta usb-pen

Not an ideal solution, but just to find out if the beta iso worked or not, and it does, nothing wrong with the iso
    I've tried every conceivable variation. The only time I managed to boot up when I burnt the image into cd. But when I tried to install it I got an error.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jozmak View Post
    I've tried every conceivable variation. The only time I managed to boot up when I burnt the image into cd. But when I tried to install it I got an error.
    Well forget Startup disc creator in 12.10, been somewhat broken for weeks, now probably totally so.

Have had no issue with unetbootin (plain repo version
    Because I use a couple of usb sticks just for booting live images before starting unetbootin I always reformat the stick (FAT32) in Disks (or gparted

Sometimes unet doesn't handle overwriting a previous boot disc properly & it won't boot up.
    Otherwise get another or new usb stick

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021