Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Help me Decide: Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB vs iPhone 4S 32GB

Beans

Re: Help me Decide: Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB vs iPhone 4S 32GB

I've played with both phones and would pick the samsung s3 without even blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I forgot you guys have Network locked devices up there, we don't have that.
    We also had network locked phones here years ago but that practice is now outlawed thank heavens.

Beans

As much as I am an Apple hater I can say I've heard a lot of bad things about Android phones too.

If you are a geek and want to toy with your phone and be able to do everything with it definitely go with the Galaxy. Plus it's the best of the best of Android phones right now.

On the other hand I've had a lot of friends who use their phones for actually phone calls, and a lot of them, complain about their top of the line Android devices constantly dropping calls, losing coverage and in general not being stable Phones (as in phone-call-making phones). Although I have no feedback on the Galaxy specifically, in this area I've only heard good things about the Iphone - it seems to be a more stable phone.
    I would suggest you make some online research on forums (android and iphone support forums) and such for possible issues and bugs that both devices observe, so that you know which one is best for your needs.

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Help me Decide: Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB vs iPhone 4S 32GB

Definitely the Samsung Galaxy which has a much better build, better features, better camera and a lot easier to customise...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TenPlus1 View Post
    Definitely the Samsung Galaxy which has a much better build, better features, better camera and a lot easier to customise...
    I was actually impressed with it's camera. We were at a birthday function 2 weeks ago and the thing took pretty amazing pics at night compared to some people digital cameras.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by tkod View Post
    As much as I am an Apple hater I can say I've heard a lot of bad things about Android phones too.

If you are a geek and want to toy with your phone and be able to do everything with it definitely go with the Galaxy. Plus it's the best of the best of Android phones right now.

On the other hand I've had a lot of friends who use their phones for actually phone calls, and a lot of them, complain about their top of the line Android devices constantly dropping calls, losing coverage and in general not being stable Phones (as in phone-call-making phones). Although I have no feedback on the Galaxy specifically, in this area I've only heard good things about the Iphone - it seems to be a more stable phone.
    I would suggest you make some online research on forums (android and iphone support forums) and such for possible issues and bugs that both devices observe, so that you know which one is best for your needs.
    It really depends on the phone hardware. Some manufacturers make great Android phones (HTC), some make terrible phones (LG), and some make bad phones but are improving (Samsung, Sony).

I've heard great things about the GS3 and Note 1 and 2, but I've also heard terrible things about previous Samsung models (including the Galaxy Nexus).

I'm presently very happy with my year old HTC Amaze, much better experience overall than the iPhone 3G I had (it was the single worst phone I've ever used). But despite my sour Apple experience, I've heard the iPhones from 4 on up are much better (though the verdict is mixed for the 5). And despite the bad things I've heard about LG (mostly relating to poor software), I've also heard the Nexus 4 is very good, and I may give away my phone to buy the Nexus 4...
    Last edited by Mikeb85; November 8th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Since this thread is beyond relevance now, should I choose an old iPhone 4, or a cheap Samsung Galaxy Stellar?
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

A brand new Nexus 4 (in about 5 days) for just £239/$299

Beans

get a minimal phone

and a WiFi tablet

then you have:

• a device that is better at surfing
    • a device that costs less than unlimited 4G access

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456