Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Help me Decide: Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB vs iPhone 4S 32GB

Beans

Re: Help me Decide: Samsung Galaxy S III 32GB vs iPhone 4S 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    Unbiased, open minded opinion - If you want iOS, wait for 5. If you're 50/50 on the OS and don't care if it's iOS or Android, use each phone and see if your opinion helps tip the see-saw.

Personal opinion - I like having choice, so naturally, I will never own an iPhone.
    The first part of this post is rational. The second part makes no sense to me.

Because you like having a choice, you automatically ignore one of them? WTF? And when you have 2 basic options, that means because you like to have a choice you choose to not have a choice.

Dude.

Give both of them an honest look, then make your choice. If you're a true Linux nerd through and through, then you will probably pick an Android phone just because of how everything works, but choosing before you review the product is kinda senseless isn't it?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by psyclechick View Post
    I am in the process of ditching my iPhone 4S (to get the HTC One XL this Friday which is one of the few 4G LTE phones we can get over here for Telstra)

As a former fruit user both desktop and phone, as well as having sashayed back and forth with Android I still prefer Android and it has come ahead in leaps and bounds with ICS.

I had a Motorola Atrix (after having an iPhone 4) before going back to the 4S in January this year and now? I am pretty bored with the 4S an iOS in general. Its jailbroken and tweaked but even then its still...well...boring...

My Atrix is what I use as my main device now with the 4S getting used for the odd facetime call and iMessage (its only advantage IMO as I have a lot of US and Canadian friends with iPhones its just easy - YES depite there being a myriad of free alternatives!!)

Widgets and being able to do what you want with this phone (not unlike GNU/Linux) is what I really like about Android. Android in some area's is definitely not as polished and working as well as iOS, but take the good with the bad as there are things (some apps as well) with iOS that that are not as good as Android.

I think device choice is purely personal - if you like the way Android allows you to do things, cool...if you prefer iOS (because lets face it, out the box it just works) fine too IMO.

Personally I just find iOS...boring...
    I have come to believe that iOS is tested by people who have had a few cocktails, hence the scandal of the prototype left in a bar. It actually is an ingenious testing field which incorporates a different perception of reality. In the end for the end user whether slightly inebriated or sober the end product is the same.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BeRoot ReBoot View Post
    Which one lets you install and run code without requiring the hardware vendor's approval?

Which one offers you a choice of internet browsers, email and SMS clients and media players?

Which one has a replacable battery, third-party battery upgrades and a micro-SD card slot?
    What other software would you want to install?

On iPhone you can chose browsers - Safari (which is pretty awesome) or Opera. Can also use online email clients. I believe you can also change the battery on the iPhone4. Also why would you want an SD card slot?!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfelgate View Post
    What other software would you want to install?

On iPhone you can chose browsers - Safari (which is pretty awesome) or Opera. Can also use online email clients. I believe you can also change the battery on the iPhone4. Also why would you want an SD card slot?!
    The Samsung has a USER replaceable battery, and an SD card slot is useful for expanding storage so you can take more than 10 HD videos with you.

Also, there are more than 2 browsers which can be used on Android, including Firefox (in beta form).
    Can't think of anything profound or witty.
    My Blog: http://gonzothegeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by spynappels View Post
    The Samsung has a USER replaceable battery, and an SD card slot is useful for expanding storage so you can take more than 10 HD videos with you.

Also, there are more than 2 browsers which can be used on Android, including Firefox (in beta form).
    All good and valid points.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Just read an awesome article about an Iphone User switching to Android - in my opinion brilliantlz written without any fanboism

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/13/30...s-with-android

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by krustenBrot View Post
    Just read an awesome article about an Iphone User switching to Android - in my opinion brilliantlz written without any fanboism

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/13/30...s-with-android
    Very good article!
    Can't think of anything profound or witty.
    My Blog: http://gonzothegeek.blogspot.co.uk/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The Galaxy as it runs linux based android operating system which in my opinion is far better than the ios the iphone runs

Beans

Get the samsung galaxy SIII

When Ubuntu for android comes out, you will be able to install it on that

Beans

Honestly this one is a no brainer, Android + Linux = Winner Chicken Dinner. Get a Samsung Galaxy S3 for the sole reason, the operating system is brilliantly flexible.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast