Here's my log/guide of bug fixes and optimization tricks for a clean Ubuntu 12.04 install on a Lenovo Ideapad Z370 (Z370a). Battery life is up to 7 hours when idle with Wifi on!

Please feal free to comment here or there, contribute corrections and suggestions.

Thanks

1. fix volume button lockup issue: add the following line to your /lib/udev/rules.d/95-keyboard-force-release.rules file:

Code:
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="IdeaPad Z370", RUN+="keyboard-force-release.sh $devpath common-volume-keys"
2. disable nvidia GPU:
Code:
# add-apt-repository ppa:bumblebee/stable
# apt-get update
# apt-get install --no-install-recommends bumblebee
(To check if it works run $ lspci -vnnn | grep VGA and "[VGA controller]" should only appear next to the Intel VGA)

3. disable bluetooth on startup by putting:
Code:
rfkill block bluetooth
in /etc/rc.local

4. install laptop-mode-tools:
Code:
# apt-get install laptop-mode-tools
5. Set boot options to grub kernel line as seen here, put these in /etc/default/grub and run update-grub:
Code:
quiet splash pcie_aspm=force acpi=noirq i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.i915_enable_fbc=1 i915.lvds_downclock=1
6. copy z370Power to /usr/lib/pm-utils/power.d

More things to check/do if needed:
-. VM dirty writebacks: if laptop mode tools doesnt take care of this, uncomment the two lines concerning it in z370Power

-. If powertop whines about audio stuff, uncomment the four lines concerning it in z370Power