Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sword and sworcery graphics problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

sword and sworcery graphics problem

I've attached a screenshot of the first thing I see when trying to play sword and sworcery. Installed via the software centre (from HIBV ). The game doesn't lag or crash, the graphics don't display properly.

Running from command line I see no output.

I'm fully up to date (I've reinstalled the game, including clearing the cashed package).

Specs below.

Any ideas? I've yet to find anyone else with this problem. Cheers for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12.04 64 bit,Dell Vostro 3550, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel Core i5-2520M processor 2.50 GHz with integrated graphics card, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz, 500 GB HD

Beans

Re: sword and sworcery graphics problem

Quote Originally Posted by dougleduck View Post
    I've attached a screenshot of the first thing I see when trying to play sword and sworcery. Installed via the software centre (from HIBV ). The game doesn't lag or crash, the graphics don't display properly.

Running from command line I see no output.

I'm fully up to date (I've reinstalled the game, including clearing the cashed package).

Specs below.

Any ideas? I've yet to find anyone else with this problem. Cheers for any help.
    I have the exact same problem.. :/

Specs:
    Dell Inspiron N5010
    12.04 32 bit
    raedon hd 5xxx series
    first gen i5
    4 gb ram.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Weird mine runs perfectly on an onboard card. (Nvidia Geforce 4300)

How does it look in the main menu? And have you tried changing the resolution around or taking it out of fullscreen to see if it does anything?

Beans
    Distro

Equally strange on different resolutions, in window mode, and on the start screen.

I've got a radeon card, not NVidea (no problem with other games, can just about run skyrim).
    12.04 64 bit,Dell Vostro 3550, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel Core i5-2520M processor 2.50 GHz with integrated graphics card, 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz, 500 GB HD

Beans

Have you checked your log? You can read it by typing the following in a terminal:
    Code:
    gedit ~/.capy/SwordAndSworcery/log.txt
    Feel free to change "gedit" to whatever your editor of choice is.

Beans
    Distro

Looks fine to me, no errors or warnings. File attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dougleduck View Post
    Equally strange on different resolutions, in window mode, and on the start screen.

I've got a radeon card, not NVidea (no problem with other games, can just about run skyrim).
    Same ... Is it because of the radeon card.. :/ and bastion is also giving me probs.... hanging at startup..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gaygerbil View Post
    Weird mine runs perfectly on an onboard card. (Nvidia Geforce 4300)

How does it look in the main menu? And have you tried changing the resolution around or taking it out of fullscreen to see if it does anything?
    One thing... when the game opens and the game's logo comes swirling on the screen ..everything looks fine but as soon as it stops the graphics gets corrupted.

Beans

FWIW, it appears that Windows users with ATI graphics are having the same or similar problems. You might want to read this thread on the Steam forum and see if any of the information contained therein is helpful to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Any body found out what to do, mine doesn't even start up.
    I get this in the log and it just crashes. -also have Radeon. (for the last time).
    Error: FMOD Event System update error! (81) This command failed because System::init or System::setDriver was not called.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast