Beans

Question Netbook screen resolution problem

Hello,
    I have the following netbook;

Asus EeePC 1015CX
    Intel Atom CPU N2600
    1.60GHz
    1GB RAM

I wanted to install Ubuntu 12.04 alongside with Windows using the Wubi installer. In order to test how the system would look like, I have created a boot-able USB and tested the system when it started. It all looks fine but the main thing I noticed is that the system operate in 800x600 graphics. Where as Windows 7 (Starter) is able to work in 1024x600.
    When looking through the internet I found a short article talking about editing some kind of file. My problem is that I am a newbe when it comes to Ubuntu and file editing. So could someone please write me simple step-by-step instructions of how to enable 1024x600 screen resolution (Please note that the only option that is available in the screen setting of the system is 800x600.

Thank you.

Beans

Re: Netbook screen resolution problem

Welcome to the forums!

You can find a lengthy discussion of the topic here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1953734

You can also try using the forum Search feature (top right of the screen) for your specific 1015CX model EEE.

In the future you can save yourself a lot of aggravation by purchasing linux-friendly hardware from this list: http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/

Beans

Thank you for your reply, but I was looking for something simpler. As I've said I am a newbie when it comes to this, I bought this netbook not thinking about ubuntu at first and recently I have heard about it and followed some instructions on how to try it. (they were on Ubuntu website).

Beans

Apologies, I am unable to give a simpler answer than: "here's a link to the detailed discussion of the topic."

If and when a simple solution is discovered, it will be posted in that discussion thread.

Are you having a specific problem with Windows 7 that you think switching to Ubuntu will solve?
    Last edited by snowpine; June 7th, 2012 at 07:04 PM.

Beans

Well thank you anyway. I will monitor this thread and perhaps post my question there.