Thread: Mail from evolution client served to iPhone?

Beans

Mail from evolution client served to iPhone?

I was wondering if there is a solution to get my email from evolution that has been retrieved from my ISP and filtered by evolution and spam assassin into my iPhone. It's basically an attempt at having my computer filter out all spam and unnecessary mail. Any idea how I can make this happen?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Mail from evolution client served to iPhone?

The iPhone's lack of spam filtering can be annoying. The easiest way I can think of would be to setup a second email account and forward your filtered mail to that account. The iPhone would connect to this new email account. But, you then have the problem of replying from a different address, which stinks. Or, you could use a service like SpamDrain + their iPhone app. I'm sure someone will have a much better idea than me, but my brain isn't quite engaged yet this morning.
    Last edited by rubylaser; June 7th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Beans

I thought about that but came to the same conclusion with the reply address. Not convinced. Not only that but it's just a matter of time before the second email address also starts to get spam which would defeat the purpose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

If you're forwarding to an address on Gmail's servers (an example) that wil spam filter your email, that is not a concern. The forwarded address is the only issue as far as I'm concerned. Or, just move away from your ISP's email and use Gmail and don't worry about this issue at all.

Or purchase a domain name, and setup your own spam gateway + email server.

Beans

well I ended up using a domain I already had and set up my own server. Best thing I ever did. I love it. Thanks for the advice. In case anyone wants to know how I did it I used this tutorial...

http://workaround.org/ispmail

Had to tweak a bit here and there but for the most part it worked.