Thread: Lunduke Software Goes Open-Source

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Lunduke Software Goes Open-Source

Hey everyone,

With all the excitement about the Humble Indie Bundle going on, I thought I would make a post regarding a different matter. Bryan Lunduke (one of the hosts on the Linux Action Show) has recieved enough monthly contributions to release all of his software as open-source.

Several (formerly proprietary) pieces of software have been released. Linux Tycoon, and 2299: The Game have been released. BLABA (a game creation tool), and Illumination (another software creation tool) have also been released as open-source. I purchased Illumination before it went open-source and it was interesting to play around with at the very least.

Linux Tycoon is also fun to play, too. You build your own Linux Distro day by day.

You guys can check out the details here:
    http://lunduke.com/?p=3448

Hopefully a few folks find this interesting!
    AMD FX-9590 4.7Ghz, 256GB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM, nVidia 970 GTX, 16GB DDR3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Lunduke Software Goes Open-Source

Thats great! I love that show. I play Linux Tycoon all the time.
    Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
    Videocard: Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Ram: 2x 4GB DDR3-1333 Single
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Tray

Beans

I love Free Software,
    I think Bryan Lunduke has made a good move in his software and hopefully the community can strongly support him.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Carpentr View Post
    Hey everyone,

With all the excitement about the Humble Indie Bundle going on, I thought I would make a post regarding a different matter. Bryan Lunduke (one of the hosts on the Linux Action Show) has recieved enough monthly contributions to release all of his software as open-source.

Several (formerly proprietary) pieces of software have been released. Linux Tycoon, and 2299: The Game have been released. BLABA (a game creation tool), and Illumination (another software creation tool) have also been released as open-source. I purchased Illumination before it went open-source and it was interesting to play around with at the very least.

Linux Tycoon is also fun to play, too. You build your own Linux Distro day by day.

You guys can check out the details here:
    http://lunduke.com/?p=3448

Hopefully a few folks find this interesting!
    I thought it was a very imaginative way to encourage open source development. I hope his method is successful and others can follow. I listen to the Linux Action show in the car & It sounds like he needs at least 2K/mo to support his coffee/tea or whatever habit